Toto UltraMax vs Supreme

Users who are viewing this thread

Underwater

Reaction score
I'm considering installing a Toto UltraMax or Supreme. Besides the tank height, is there any other difference? Will the tank height provide a more powerful flush? I am relacing a one piece Kohler which is awful. I've had a couple of plumbers tell me one reason is the tank height is so low. Fact or Fiction?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Height does matter.

The Utramax does tend to work better then the Supreme for that reason.
Some of the old one-piece Kohler bowls with the low-boy tank needed a lot of water to move things down. One model called the Pompton used 9.5 gallons and needed a 1/2" supply line instead of the normal 3/8"

ms864114e-1.jpg

Last edited:

Underwater

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I was also just looking at the UltraMax II. I've seen a lot of very positive comments in other posts about it from you and from others. Does it have the same flushing power as the UltraMax even though it uses a lot less water? I want to put my plunger in the basement and not have to keep it next to the toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1.28 uses 80% of the volume of the 1.6
It works fine. You can also hold down the handle if you need more. Doing that makes it a 2.5

rickadkins

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and also deciding between the UltraMax and UltraMax II. If you were to purchase one of these, which would you choose? I really like the look of the one-piece units, especially for ease of cleaning.

Thanks

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and also deciding between the UltraMax and UltraMax II. If you were to purchase one of these, which would you choose? I really like the look of the one-piece units, especially for ease of cleaning.

Thanks

We have the Carlyle II which is like the Ultramax II except it is skirted and uses the UniFit Adapter, which we needed to make it fit on a 10" rough-in.

We like it very much -- looks nice, comfort height, CEFIONTECT, double-cyclone flush, all standard. I would buy it again.

rickadkins

Reaction score
Thanks! I think I'll go with the UltraMax II. I found it locally for the same price as most of the online vendors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks