Toto Ultramax question...

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by HDFAN1, Aug 10, 2007.

1. HDFAN1

HDFAN1 New Member

Upon closer inspection of my new Ultramax, there is, for lack of a better word, a seam running horizontally around the exterior of the tank, approx. three inches above the bowl. It is visible, as well as being able to feel it .

It's as if the tank were actually cast in two pieces, and then joined together at this point.

Terry, or someone who has seen a lot of these one piece toilets, is this normal, or is my luck (bad) holding true and I got that one in a million defect that slipped through?

Thanks
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Inside a one-piece Toto toilet.
    It's how they join them. A toilet comes from several pieces, and what you are seeing is one of the seams.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  3. dumpymcgee

dumpymcgee AMERICAN STANDARD

Re:

If you can feel it and its very noticeable it may be a defect from the shrinkage. I would check back with where you purchased.
  4. Terry

If it were American Standard, it would be a defect. I get most of my defects with American Standard and Kohler.
    What he is talking about is pretty normal. I have the least amount of problems with Toto.
    It's a seam where the two parts are joined, Period.

Dumpy,
    Have you even seen a Toto?
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  5. dumpymcgee

dumpymcgee AMERICAN STANDARD

Re:

We're talking about the same little dog right? lol

I was referring to the amount of relief in the joint. I think its a matter of how picky you are...
  6. HDFAN1

HDFAN1 New Member

OK, I have not looked for this on the INSIDE of the tank. What I am talking about is visible/touchable from the OUTSIDE of the tank.

Is this normal?
  7. Terry

They all have a visible seam on the outside.
  8. HDFAN1

HDFAN1 New Member

Thanks Terry, I appreciate the quick reply!

I can't wait to get this thing installed. Tile guy is coming 21st, so by the end of that week it will be a done deal.:)