Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

dlclaytor

Reaction score
Very pleased...

Terry: As an out-of-towner, I just wanted to log in and express my thanks for the detailed information which you provide on this web site. I purchased a TOTO elongated ADA Ultramax and I am very pleased. I, too, am astonished at how efficiently and powerfully the double trap G-Max flush works. As wheelchair user, I wanted a unit that could withstand the rigors of physical transfers, and the one-piece Ultramax is solid. I have some issues with the contours of the seat when it comes to "taking care of business:eek:," but the slightly broader seat base on the Ultramax should accommodate the TOTO bidet seat nicely, should I decide to replace the stock seat one day. All in all, it's thumbs up -- thanks! __Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

jrbales

Insurance Agent
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Nearly 3 yrs with the Toto Ultramax

I left a review of the Toto Ultramax 1-piece toilet that I had installed in my condo in the spring of 2005. It will soon be three years and I'm still extremely happy with my Toto Ultramax and wouldn't even consider any other brand or model if I were in the market again. My condo was damaged last year by a fire in a neighboring unit and went through major remodeling. My bath was completely gutted and remodeled...the only thing I retained from the old bathroom was my Toto Ultramax! It was a beauty before (yes, toilets can be beautiful!) but really shines in its new surroundings!

Regarding my experience with this model, I guess you can tell that I love it. I've had one experience where it blocked and that was entirely my fault for putting in too much paper without flushing (I'd cleaned up a spill from something with toilet tissue). Normal use, there's been no problems at all. Rarely does the bowl require a second flush for proper cleaning. The GMax system works just like Terry has said and was worth the few extra dollars. I still highly recommend the Toto Ultramax for anyone that wants a beautiful, highly efficient low-flush toilet! :D

Gregger

Reaction score
My 10 year old son has the ability to produce pop can size movements
which daily caused me to run for my life with a plunger in hand before it overflowed.

After reading all about the Ultra max it sounded like an answer to a prayor.

We purchaced our first one this spring and it was a family event with high fives. I never thought I would be so excited about watching a toilet flush.
It gobbles up everything in a split second! Its is so comfortable to sit on
and we love the soft close lid.

We quickly purchaced a second for another bathroom.

My son has only caused one clog in five months but that plunged out easily.

My only major complaint is with the first Ultramax, apparently the Porcelain in the bottom of the bowel was not done completly at the factory.
It gets stained way down in there and looks like a nasty toilet you find in a gas station. My wife hates this and says she has tried everything to get it clean. It is embarassing as this toilet in in our hall bath which all our guests use.

The second Ultra Max does not have this problem and always looks sparkly
clean and shiney.

Ron in SC

Reaction score
I did just buy and install an ADA compliant Toto Ultramax in the toliet room in our new master bedroom suite.

eschamp

Reaction score
Very Disappointed!!

I had two of these highly-regarded toilets installed about 6 weeks ago and have managed to stop them up -- with nothing more than human feces and toilet paper -- three times. This last time, even my trusty bellows-type plunger could not blast through the clog. Nor did the dishwashing liquid trick work. It took a closet auger to get the flow back.

I am very sorry to have spent $500 ea (including shipping) for these.

NoEffort

Reaction score
Ultramax installed

Installed the Drake first a couple of weeks ago to see how it would "perform". Passed everything my family could put in it. With that, I went with the Ultramax for our main bathroom.

What a fine toilet, never thought a toilet would give such satisfaction (when not using it).
Toto has this toilet thing down to a science, I would never consider going with another brand.
Seriously, if anyone can clog one of this toilets, they should see a doctor, its not the toilets fault!

I will always recommend Toto and this site.
Thank you Terry!

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
Thanks for your great and informative website--we too, have installed the Toto Ultramax ADA height toilets, and they are amazing. After years of a constantly clogging American Standard, the Ultramax is a welcome change of pace. Never clogs, low water consumption, all at a decent price
S. Brown

H&Eweekendwarriors

Reaction score
Ah, thank heaven for the internet; it saved us from buying a poor-performing toilet! All the reviews on this site and others convinced us to find and purchase the Toto Ultramax (we had been looking at the Kohler Santa Rosa at our local home depot). Boy, are we glad we did! We have very low water pressure, and plunging used to be routine for us, but the Ultramax seems to be uncloggable! We will definitely be replacing the other toilets in the house. Our only complaint is we don't find the curved seat to be very comfortable, though maybe it just takes getting used to. Also I notice that inside the ring there is an edge which I find to be somewhat uncomfortable. I do love the soft-close feature, though. I notice no one else on this site seems to mind the seat so maybe it's just us. At any rate, the seat does not dissuade us at all from replacing the other toilets, because the seat is easily and inexpensively replaceable. The unbelievably fast, powerful flushing far outweighs any concern over the seat. We bought the elongated, and we think we may try the round in another bathroom.

In short, LOVE this toilet!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The Toto one piece toilets come complete with soft close seats the two piece toilets do not come with seat.

MS854114S-01 Ultramax 1pc toilet
MS=1pc toilet & soft close seat combo
854= toilet number
114= seat number
S= G-max Flush
01= Cotton White

CST416M-01
CST= Bowl & Tank
416= Toilet number
M=Dual Flush
01= Cotton White

Klutzy

Reaction score
Website
www.barackobama.com
Thank you Peanut, and I apologize--I noticed that fact after I'd posted. I will check out the seat at a showroom; I hope I like it b/c I like the slow drop-down feature. Have not ordered anything yet but am leaning toward the Aquia after reading the reviews here. Thanks again!

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Toto Ultramax with CEFIONTECT

Thanks, Terry.

The install went smoothly and this thing flushes like a champ.

Jeff

attachment.php

Last edited:

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I really liked my Toto Drake toilet installed last year.
This year I'm installing the Toto Ultramax one-piece toilet in the main bathroom.

What I'm replacing is a Gerber Ultraflush that a plumbing contractor sold me. The grandkids didn't like the Gerber, they will be happy I have another Toto.

Old toilet to be removed
gerber_in_box.jpg

Send this Gerber Ultraflush to the dump please.
The TOTO box makes a nice container to haul the old toilet away,

attachment.php

A new Toto Ultramax with CEFIONTECT

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hi there,
Here's my 2 cents on Toto's.

I've been stationed in Japan for 17 years of my Navy life and well accustomed to Toto products. Needless to say I was disgusted the first time I used a non Toto toilet when I came back here in the U.S. Those 3-4 seconds of swirling action just annoys me and sometimes I have to flush twice. You guessed it, I went hunting for Toto the second day to replace my toilets. No more long SWIIIIIIIIISH … Just a short "Chu-chug".

Ray
Northern California

Reaction score
Eco Ultramax

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with the new Eco Ultramax toilet? We are remodeling a guest bath and living in So. California where the water prices are going through the roof we are looking to conserve water and money. Any information at all would sure be appreciated. Thank you.

The Eco will work very much like the G-Max. I've been using an Eco Drake for some time now, works fine, Terry

kc1121

Reaction score
I recently replaced 3 old toilets w/ EcoUltramax's and have been very happy w/ them.

attachment.php

blumc

Reaction score
Parts for the Ultramax

We decided against a Kohler after reading how hard it is to get replacement parts and how expensive they were. Before investing in the Ultramax we are curious if anyone knows what parts tend to go first, how difficult they are to get and how expensive they are to replace.

Thanks!
Cindy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks