TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

tesla

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the kleenex on the toilet tank top. That anti slip material works well on many things.

I can't believe I'm so excited about getting a new toilet! I'm replacing a 1995 contractor grade toilet. As many of you know the toilets during that era were the beginning of the low flow toilets and they obviously didn't get it right the first time.

ms604-terrylove-09.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Tesla: I can believe it. I'm still kicking myself for not replacing sooner the horrible low-flow that I tore out and replaced with our first Drake. Believe me, you're among friends when you share your excitement! (Did you see the post from the guy some time ago that said that since he replaced his horrible toilet with a Drake, he's been yelling "TOTO!!!" every time he flushes it, he is so happy. Apparently, this went on for weeks, driving his wife crazy. I think it's just so nice to have something that we use every day work so well, particularly after we have had to suffer with the opposite.) The Ultramax II is a great toilet, and you are right to be excited! Just come back here for solace if your family/friends don't share quite your level of enthusiasm.

ultramax2_beige.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm still selling a ton of these in the Seattle area.

Nice looking cart and such at the terrylove.biz link. I had been using the "sale on toilets' link from your main site, which brings one to a different place...

Are you selling any Original Drakes with the new tank? CST744EN? I think it's a nice look for spots for which the Drake might be a little too "modern", although I think the Original Drake looks nice in a very wide array of settings.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Nice looking cart and such at the terrylove.biz link. I had been using the "sale on toilets' link from your main site, which brings one to a different place...

Are you selling any Original Drakes with the new tank? CST744EN? I think it's a nice look for spots for which the Drake might be a little too "modern", although I think the Original Drake looks nice in a very wide array of settings.

Good point about the new tank option on the Drake. That does look nice. I better check on those here on Monday and see if I can add those.
Thanks for the nice words on the new shopping pages.
I will be removing the old pages as soon as I've switched over completely.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Good point about the new tank option on the Drake. That does look nice. I better check on those here on Monday and see if I can add those.
Thanks for the nice words on the new shopping pages.
I will be removing the old pages as soon as I've switched over completely.

My pleasure. I look forward to "shopping" the new pages soon! :)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Hey, Terry. Looks nice! Wondering whether you have sold any of the MS604114CUFG "Ultramax II 1G" toilets yet. Given that the Drake II 1G seems to be faring pretty well in eco-conscious market areas, I'm thinking that the equivalent Ultramax II might do very well...

ms604114cufg-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been selling the 1G Drake II, but haven't seen the 1G Ultramax II yet. Of course it's been on their web site a while.

ms604114cufg-02.jpg

MS604114CUFG 1.0 GPF,
picture added 5/9/2016

ms604114cufg-12.jpg

Last edited:

Physonect

Reaction score
I'm considering buying an Ultramax II for a bathroom reno we're planning. The space between the toilet and the wall has more than enough room for sitting, but we also want to place a standard sized bathmat down since the bathtub is right next to the toilet. Because of this, I need to know the length of the Ultramax II from the wall to the edge of the base (not the edge of the bowl), but this dimension doesn't seem to be on their specs. Does anyone know what this measurement is in practice?

As a side note, I'm curious as to why some spec sheets show this measurement and some don't, is it not a very common dimension to worry about for most installations or is it more or less the same for all toilets? The toilet currently in our bathroom is about 23" but I get the feeling that that's less than most of these newer ones.

Thanks!

Reznil

Reaction score
Really, almost $500 for a toilet? That is a lot of money for a crapper! I think any toilet that price should have an insulated tank as standard. But I am sure it works like a charm.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, today's modern low-flow toilets rarely need an insulated tank. A good portion of the tank remains inside during a flush, so there's a bunch of room-temperature water to temper what's coming in. It only becomes an issue if the incoming water is very cold and the toilet gets flushed frequently. THen, whether it is insulated or not, a tempering valve feeding warm water to the tank for refill is often a better solution as it will always work, where insulation may not. Doesn't need to be very warm, just above the dew point.

Reznil

Reaction score
FWIW, today's modern low-flow toilets rarely need an insulated tank. A good portion of the tank remains inside during a flush, so there's a bunch of room-temperature water to temper what's coming in. It only becomes an issue if the incoming water is very cold and the toilet gets flushed frequently. THen, whether it is insulated or not, a tempering valve feeding warm water to the tank for refill is often a better solution as it will always work, where insulation may not. Doesn't need to be very warm, just above the dew point.
Thank jadnashua, I think you are right on. I have read the retrofit insulation kits are a total waste of time, and I wonder how a factory made insulated tank really holds up over time. I suspect the insulation might start to break down. I am redoing my house in pex so I am taking the opportunity to install my first tempering (the seller refers to it as "anti-sweat") valve. Here in NY the summers are really humid so it has been an issue. Wish me luck!

TeXan

Reaction score
I have a different experience with the cyclone flush mechanism It flushes ok but.... there is a serious problem with wash down. ie it leaves skid marks much more than my eco drake.. be advised.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have a different experience with the cyclone flush mechanism It flushes ok but.... there is a serious problem with wash down. ie it leaves skid marks much more than my eco drake.. be advised.

I had the Eco Drake in my Master before I replaced it with the Ultramax II. The Ultramax II is better.
And the Drake II that I installed for a GF surprised her with how much better it was than the toilet she replaced.
That being said, any bowl will stay clean better when it is cleaned fairly often. I use a liquid bowl cleaner which keeps the bowls shiney. If I doze off on that, they lose their shine.

And I thought the wall paper was kind of cool. Especially for a kids bathroom. Fun! :)

Will_CA

Reaction score
Crazy thig, my ultramax ii is the ms604114cefg model, but inside the tank is stamped 1.0gpf. The box, invoice, etc, all say 1.28gpf.

You guys ever seen something like this?

20160715_174206.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks