TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake and the Ultramax are my biggest sellers.
The Drake II and the Ultramax II have the higher bowl, CEFIONTECT and cyclone rinse. They are a notch better.
They have been a near perfect toilet for me.
What was the question?

ms604-bike.jpg

Last edited:

Optiker

Reaction score
I'm looking at an Ultramax II. I've seen Gwyneth and Ultramax II under the same manufacturer's number (TOTO MS604114CEFG). Are they the same toilet?

Thanks!
Optiker

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The MS604114CEFG and the MS604164CEFG are the same toilet. It first came out as the Gwyneth one-piece and is now called the Utlramax II.
I've been selling quite a few of them.

CurtisP

Reaction score
Terry, which would you buy, the Ultramax with g-max or the Ultramax II with Double cyclone. I need to replace 4 toilets and have been reading like crazy, I know it will be one of the Toto Ultramax's, just not to sure which model, but will also be getting CEFIONTECT finish.
Thanks

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think the Ultramax II with CEFIONTECT is the better value.
If you don't like a taller bowl, then getting the standard height Ultramax with SG would make sense too.

ms604-terrylove-15.jpg

Last edited:

GeronimoDF

Reaction score
Toto UltraMax still the recommended toilet

Finished another bathroom and need a toilet. Is the toto ultramax II still the best out there? My place says Toto discontinued them. Is it under another name? Gwyneth?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Ultramax II, otherwise called Gwyneth, is a very good choice. I have one in my main bath, and have been selling a lot of them. Many of those are repeat sales.
You can see them listed on the TOTO web site here

Last edited:

CurtisP

Reaction score
Have been really impressed with the two ultramax II that I just replaced the last two water hogs, so I have 4 of them now in the house. The up keep on them are so easy with that CEFIONTECT finiosh

Last edited:

Jeff309

Reaction score
UltraMax II

After reading up on various different brands of toilets, i've decided to purchase the TOTO UltraMax II. I was really leaning towards the KOHLER Santa Rosa, primarily for its 1pc looks & appeal. However, after reading the reviews from multiple sites, I had 2nd thoughts. I'd honestly NEVER even heard of TOTO before several days ago! But after finding this site, & a few others, i'm feeling VERY confident with my decision to go with their product. I am REALLY hoping that all the "HYPE" is warranted, as i'm totally fed-up with having to use that damn plunger on my existing toilet regularly!
I'll buy & install it on Saturday, so i'll let you know the results shortly thereafter........

PS; Many thanks for this forum and to you Terry as I found the info on here extremely helpful. Keep up the GREAT work!!:D

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You will be very happy with that choice. Like you, I hadn't heard of Toto before I found this site. Sometimes when you read all the positive reviews of Toto here, it does seem like "hype" but once you own one, you realize that people are just being realistic. They are engineered and made better.

Royerm

Reaction score
After reading up on various different brands of toilets, i've decided to purchase the TOTO UltraMax II. I was really leaning towards the KOHLER Santa Rosa, primarily for its 1pc looks & appeal. However, after reading the reviews from multiple sites, I had 2nd thoughts. I'd honestly NEVER even heard of TOTO before several days ago! But after finding this site, & a few others, i'm feeling VERY confident with my decision to go with their product. I am REALLY hoping that all the "HYPE" is warranted, as i'm totally fed-up with having to use that damn plunger on my existing toilet regularly!
I'll buy & install it on Saturday, so i'll let you know the results shortly thereafter........

PS; Many thanks for this forum and to you Terry as I found the info on here extremely helpful. Keep up the GREAT work!!:D

Same here, had never heard of but now more confident than ever after doing the reading.
May I ask where you found them in Canada????

Thx

Jeff309

Reaction score
Hey royerm,

I was able to find several places in my area (GTA) that carry the TOTO brand. Surprisingly enough tho, it is mostly smaller plumbing supply, & bathroom gallery places that had them. I found NO larger franchise type stores (RONA, HOME DEPOT, LOWES etc...) that carried them?! I ended up buying mine from a place in Mississauga, Ont called "Bathroom & Kitchen Gallerires." There were a couple of places right here in Brampton that also carried them, but I chose to go there due to a cheaper price. I found it a few hundred bucks cheaper so its worth shopping around. Not sure where they can be found in Quebec, but i'd suggest you check with some of the smaller plumbing/gallery outfits & go from there?
Hope this helps?

PS: After only a few days, I can tell you that i'm now POSITIVE that i've made a great choice going with the TOTO UltraMax II. Awesome flushing strength, easy install, & a GREAT looking toilet! I HIGHLY recommend it!!

Jeff309

Reaction score
As promised, i'm writing to give an update on my new UltraMax II. After buying, & installing it on Sat I can safely say that i'm quite positive that i've made a great choice in opting for the TOTO! The installation was a breeze, & the toilets look & performance is nothing short of OUTSTANDING!! The flushing strength is exceptional & I can already tell that the plunger can be permanently returned to the storage! (LOL) It has not only the strongest, but also the fastest flush i've ever seen. The double cyclone action is superb and its easy to see how this flushing technology is truly a step ahead in toilet flush performance!
I still need to replace the toilet in my other bathroom, & I wanted to see how this one was going to perform for a few mths before investing into another one. However, I can already tell that the UltraMax II was a GREAT choice, & i'm 100% sure that i'll be back in the very near future to buy another to replace the WaterHog in the other bathroom.

Once again, I wanted to thank Terry, & everyone else that contributes to this site. I'm SO happy that I found this site, & didn't run out & buy the Kohler I was looking at originally. To anyone thats still not sure about this TOTO product......I can assure you, that this guy is EXTREMELY happy with the UltraMax II, & I'd HIGHLY recommend it to anyone thats considering a new toilet!!

Dbett

Reaction score
Water supply clearance

So I have three of these (model MS604114CEFG) on order and am wondering if my current through the floor water supply lines are going to work. I know one will need to be moved, but that bathroom has easy access from below. The other two supply lines are in the upstairs bathrooms with tile and will be more tricky to move. One is about 5" off center and the other 5 1/2".

Should I just plan on rerouting now?

Royerm

Reaction score
Hey royerm,

I was able to find several places in my area (GTA) that carry the TOTO brand. Surprisingly enough tho, it is mostly smaller plumbing supply, & bathroom gallery places that had them. I found NO larger franchise type stores (RONA, HOME DEPOT, LOWES etc...) that carried them?! I ended up buying mine from a place in Mississauga, Ont called "Bathroom & Kitchen Gallerires." There were a couple of places right here in Brampton that also carried them, but I chose to go there due to a cheaper price. I found it a few hundred bucks cheaper so its worth shopping around. Not sure where they can be found in Quebec, but i'd suggest you check with some of the smaller plumbing/gallery outfits & go from there?
Hope this helps?

PS: After only a few days, I can tell you that i'm now POSITIVE that i've made a great choice going with the TOTO UltraMax II. Awesome flushing strength, easy install, & a GREAT looking toilet! I HIGHLY recommend it!!

I ended up ordering online(2), got here in a week and both installed. Truck delivered(LTL) and they were
pack so well. IT IS NOT A HYPE, they work like a charm and are real.
this site was so helpfull....Thx

Dbett

Reaction score
So I have three of these (model MS604114CEFG) on order and am wondering if my current through the floor water supply lines are going to work. I know one will need to be moved, but that bathroom has easy access from below. The other two supply lines are in the upstairs bathrooms with tile and will be more tricky to move. One is about 5" off center and the other 5 1/2".

Should I just plan on rerouting now?

Since I posted this over the holiday weekend...a bump to see if anyone knows. The feed lines are about 3-4" out from the wall. Thanks for any info.

Rdonchez

Reaction score
In real world use, would you notice the difference between the 500 map performance of the Ultramax II and the 800 map performance of the Drake II?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks