Toto Ultimate- low water level, need help

Users who are viewing this thread

hpfish10

Reaction score
I just got the Toto Ultimate installed in my new bathroom. I noticed that the water level in toilet bowl and tank is low. so there was not enough pressure. The valve filler is installed parallel to the sides, and I read the instruction manual, it recommends the valve be installed at an angle. I tried to unlock it to adjust water level, but there is no room to turn counterclockwise. What options do i have to adjust water level? Also, how do I fix the low water level in the bowl? Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
toto_cst854_inside_tank.jpg

Inside the Toto Ultimate tank.

The bowl is refilled by the tube directed at the overflow. If the tank doesn't fill up properly, the bowl won't either. Fix one, and you should fix the other. I think that that model uses the Korky quietfill valve. You should be able to find adjustment instructions around on the web, or maybe this site (haven't looked). https://terrylove.com/korky/

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water can't be higher than the overflow tube.

I'm guessing that the water level in the tank is fine.
The water level is not set very high in the Ultimate tank.
You can see how much water will stay in the bow, by slowly pouring water in from a pan or bucket.
It will only get so high.

hpfish10

Reaction score
below water mark line

One more piece of information, the water level in the tank is about .5 inch lower than the water mark line. Should it be at the WM line? I spoke to Toto tech support, he said he would send me an update kit to the UltraMax for more powerful flush, but it would use more water than the Ultimate since the water level would be higher.

hpfish10

Reaction score
Terry, I tried to pour water into the bowl, and was able to raise it at least 1.5 inches.

hpfish10

Reaction score
Yes, the black tube goes into the white tube, and the water in the tank is filled up to above .5 inch below the water mark line on the white tube.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the black tube have a kink in it? Does it have a full flow when refilling?

hpfish10

Reaction score
There is no kink on the black tube. Should the water fill up to the water mark line on the white overflow tube? It is .5in below the WM line.

D

dc_homeplumber

The water in the tank should fill to the watermark line. By running longer to reach that point, more water will go to the bowl and the additional water in the tank should improve the flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks