TOTO TU451.10-A Drain Valve and THU440-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO TU451.10-A Drain Valve and THU440-A Flush Tower.
The replacement seal is THU407
Some of the newer Ultramax II are coming with these.
ms604-drain-valve-2.jpg

This replaces the old flapper system on the one-piece Ultramax II.
Drain Valve and Flush Tower.

ms604-flush-valves.jpg

toto-tower-1.jpg

toto-flush-tower-adjust-1.jpg

Last edited:

Peteryoung

Reaction score
TOTO TU451.10-A Drain Valve and THU440-A Flush Tower.
The replacement seal is THU407
Some of the newer Ultramax II are coming with these.
ms604-drain-valve-2.jpg

This replaces the old flapper system on the one-piece Ultramax II.
Drain Valve and Flush Tower.

ms604-flush-valves.jpg

toto-tower-1.jpg
Hi, the box has blue font in the new one and the old one seems to have navy colored font.
Did you notice any difference in the performance?
Is one more reliable than the other?

Steve McCoy

Reaction score
I just had a Toto Drake CST 744SL installed from Lowe's. I was surprised as it also has the same new flush tower. The inside of the Drake looks exactly the same as posted above. One of the reasons I choose the Toto Drake besides the reviews was the simple design it had with the flush flap compared to American Standard and Kohler. Even the Toto website still shows the flap style as their illustration inside the tank. When I contacted Toto for clarification, they informed me that all the newly produced models are getting the new flush towers. The Toto Drake flushes great but I hope this new design holds up.

Archdrake

Reaction score
I have two TOTO CST 854 one piece toilets with the TOTO THU451.10A-A flush tower valve.
When the toilet is flushed, the flush valve closes as soon as the handle is released.
This means that the handle must be held down till the tank drains
If the handle is released too soon much of the water stays in the tank and the tank refills before the bowl has received enough water so the level in the bowl stays low.
The portion of the tower attached to the chain has some adjustment notches on the side and I moved the tab from the bottom to the top but that seemed to make no difference.

How can I set this flush valve so it allows the tank to drain before closing ??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks