TOTO - TSTA Thermostatic Mixing Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Collin_Patterson

Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased and installed a TOTO "TSTA" Single Volume Control, Thermostatic Mixing Valve. Unfortunately I've found out since that this valve supplies only the shower and an auxiliary outlet. I should have purchased the TSTD valve which supplies shower and tub. Does anyone know if a TSTD cartridge will fit a TSTA valve or if there is any way I can cause the TSTA valve to supply the shower and tub independently? There is an auxiliary outlet for a hand/body spray but it appears that position supplies both shower and hand spray at the same time. I need one or the other, not both.
Thank you
Collin

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

You install a "twin ell" below the valve. The large side opening goes to the diverter spout, the "front" top opening connects to the valve, and the rear top opening goes up to the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks