Toto Trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

cuhri

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old Toto Drake toilet and it recently started having problems filling the bowl up after a flush. It would do it in 3 or 4 installments...filling up and stopping until it was finally full. When I took the lid off I could see that there was some sort of leak coming out of the blue plastic flushing mechanism while the water was filling into the tube. Sorry for my lack of knowledge concerning the true technical terms.

I had a plumber replace the mechanism (not a true Toto mechanism) and now it fills, but not to the original water line in the bowl. Also, it doesn't seem to have the same power in the flush as before.

I'm afraid that I am heading towards double flushing and I certainly don't want to do that.

The toilet has worked great up until now. Great flushing action.

Do I need to get a new Toto mechanism installed to get this toilet back to its former glory?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
inside_tank_cst744s.jpg

For the bowl to refill to the right depth, the black hose will need to feed into the overflow tube. This is what refills the bowl.
If you don't have the original fill valve, it can be replaced with one made by Korky, the Quietfill valve.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the height of the water in the tank is not the same as it was, most replacement fillers are adjustable in one manner or another. You need to adjust that height, then it should flush as it did previously.

cuhri

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! All good information! The plumber did change out the original mechanism with a Korky. I think it just takes time to get used to the new way that the bowl fills and flushes. The water level in the bowl is almost back to normal now.

All the same I'm going to copy your responses and save them.

Once again...thanks! :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks