Toto Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by JPKatz, Sep 14, 2009.

1. JPKatz

JPKatz Management Consultant

I have 3 Toto one piece toilets with the large flapper. The chain for flushing the toilet has a link that goes through a rubber piece that is part of the flapper. I have had to replace the flappers several times because the link tears through the rubber. This is under normal use. Nobody is pulling on the chain other then for normal flushing.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and are there any suggestions for how to handle the problem.

Thanks
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I get them back all the time.
    I have 3 in my house and i broke one myself and i remember exactly when i did it and it was done by pushing the trip lever way too hard and it ripped out.

What i did was install the link back into the other ring on top but i had to pierce it first.