TOTO toilet water flows continually in drain tube

Users who are viewing this thread

volah

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my toilet that probably was addressed here before, but I don't know the names of the parts, so don't know how to search.
Basically, when I flush the toilet, water doesn't stop flowing through the overflow tube. (Please see photo) The water level in the tank and bowl are fine. A friend suggested I disconnect that pink thing at bottom and the plunger and clean them, and the bottom of the tank. Maybe algea was forming affecting the seal. I did that, and it was fine for about a week. But now the problem started again. Do I need new parts? Thank you.

Virginia

p.s. you can be technical as I have a semi-handy friend who will understand.

20140717_105913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
You are showing the flush valve area in your photo.

Your problem is in the fill valve area (the thing that connects to the incoming water). You need to repair or replace your fill valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:

volah

Reaction score
Thank you very much for replying. Well, it looks like my problem is with the fill valve. I thought I would upload a pix of the whole area just to make sure it can be replaced by the Korky you recommend. I can read E (I think) MAX on the very top. . Also I'm having trouble finding the model no. of the toilet. Is it hidden? I'm so appreciative of your help. No more questions, I promise.

Virginia

20140717_125709.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thanks for the photo. Yes, yor toilet's fill valve can be replaced by the Korky 528MP (Lowe's calls it the 528MPK). It has a silver top. Any other covered top won't be ideal for your toilet, because it will have the wrong percentage of water flowing through to refill. You can replace the valve yourself in about 10 minutes or less.

Here's a video from Korky on how to install the valve. It might look complicated but it is actually so simple a lawyer can do it!! :)

(There is an error in the graphics on the video. She says if the refill water is too low in the bowl, turn the little knob clockwise, which is correct. The graphics on the video say exactly the opposite. Listen to her words, the script is right and the graphics are wrong. Korky's page for the valve also has printed instructions: http://www.korky.com/?p=Product&i=131 )

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks