Toto toilet spurts water 7-11 times from water pipe after flushing

Users who are viewing this thread

sngchow

Reaction score
Why is this happening? I bought my Toto Supreme One Piece Toilet 1.6 GPF in 2004.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You need to replace the assembly cap on the fill valve.

www.terrylove.com/korky

korky_cap.jpg

It may be time for a new flapper too if you're going to the parts store. You will want the Blue 3" flapper for your Ultimate.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just went through this myself. Inside the cap there is a rubber gasket (for lack of a better word) that has developed holes and is cause this spurting. Repair is simple. Turn the water off, flush the toilet, remove the rubber tube, remove the blue valve cover, and take the cap off. Get a new cap and reassemble. I had a hard time finding the cap cause Smock Man at HD said they didn't make just the caps. I knew that wasn't the case, but I took his word and tried elsewhere to no avail. I finally bought a new fill valve and used the cap from it. Spent $10 or so too much, but got the job done. Another day I went to HD for something else and check on the caps. Guess what...yup, there they were. Terry's advice about the flapper is good, I had to replace mine some time ago. Flappers are cheap and easy to replace.

sngchow

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I removed the cap on my toilet and it had a half inch hole in the rubber gasket. Went to Lowe's and bought the Korky Toilet Fill Valve Replacement Cap for $3.29. They didn't carry it at my Home Depot. I replaced the cap and no more water spurts! It works perfectly! So happy I didn't have to spend a lot of $$$ to fix this problem.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Awesome! Congratulations!! I love hearing stories like yours!

And it shows one of the great things about the design of that Korky valve -- a homeowner with no plumbing experience can fix it themselves for under $5.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Glad you got the cap. I wonder if you got bad info at HD like I did. My Lowe's didn't have it...I checked LOL.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm not sure what country the poster is in. In Canada, the inventories at HD and Lowe's are very, very different than here.

Lowe's in the US doesn't carry the cap anymore online, and I don't think they are restocking it in stores. Some locations may still have it. In Canada, they have it online and in many stores.

HD does carry the cap, both online and in many stores, in the US. You just have to check the inventory thingy to see if your local one has it. HD doesn't appear to carry any Korky products in Canada.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a bit off topic, but may be of interest. Several years ago, I installed a PRV. Immediately following, my water heater T/P began to open. After replacing the T/P twice, I posted a question on the forum. Found out about thermal expansion tanks. Went to Lowe's, they knew nothing about such a think. Tried to sell me a well pressure tank...duh! Went next to HD and had a selection of sizes. Still don't think Lowe's stocks them. May just be the local store, but would you think inventory would be pretty much company wide?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks