Toto toilet purchase

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Larry Caskey, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Larry Caskey

Larry Caskey New Member

I wish to install a toto drake. However I have a problem with the water line location. It is in the floor and approximately 4.5 inches from centre line of existing toilet and approx. 2.5 inches from back wall. I do not know the footprint of the toilet base. Does it narrow towards the back? The existing crane toilet has a 12 inch rough-in. The toilet location is on the second floor and the water line cannot be moved. Any suggestions? Is there a toto or annother brnd of toilet that has a footprint that will work?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The Drake base is listed as 9" wide and looks like it would go nearly even with the tank at the back, so a bit over an inch of clearance at the back. It does look like it tapers a little at the back and is rounded some. Somebody with one they can actually put their hands on will probably be required since the drawings on the spec sheet don't show the shape of the footprint, only the max width.

I think you may have trouble with many toilets with the supply in that position.