Toto toilet decision dilemma -- for basement bathroom w/ pump up

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by mrmichaeljmoore, May 4, 2010.

1. mrmichaeljmoore

mrmichaeljmoore Member

I need a little help deciding which Toto toilet I should buy for my new basement bathroom.
    The basement bathroom is hooked up to a Liberty pump up unit (Pro 380 series).

My choices are:

1. Toto Dalton (CST734F)
    2. Toto Drake (CST744SL)
    Is there anything I should consider when buying a toilet for a pump up bathroom?
    Is the Drake better for this situation than the Dalton? Or does it matter?
    Finally, is the Drake worth the extra?

thanks.
    mm

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The Dalton works fine.
    I'm surprised I don't sell more.
    It works better then the Kohler Cimarron, but for less money.

Most of the time, because of a previous bad experience with something else, my customers buy the Drakes.
    I have a few that always get the Dalton.
    The Drake does have a better trapway, and the 3" flush valve. So yes, that is the top banana.
    But not everybody needs that.

If cost is a factor, you may want to go with the Dalton.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mrmichaeljmoore

mrmichaeljmoore Member

So, no special considerations given that the toilet (and the rest of the bathroom) is on a pump up unit?

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    There is a shorter distance to the pump, so even less reason for the Drake.

6. mrmichaeljmoore

mrmichaeljmoore Member

Sounds good......well, I guess I'll go with the Dalton and save a few bucks (unless the wife really prefers the look of the Drake, or maybe the Promenade).....

thanks.
    mm

7. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Jetta Whirlpool Baths New Member

Sales
    If the funky look of the Dalton tank is scaring her off, you may want to look at a Caruso tank. (part # ST706) It fits the Dalton ADA bowl just fine, however I cannot comment on whether or not it affects performance. The Caruso tank is also cheaper than the Dalton tank and keeps the overall toilet height shorter in case of a banjo top vanity over the toilet. (All fun learning experiences from selling toilets.)