TOTO toilet choices under banjo countertop

Users who are viewing this thread

socaltom

Reaction score
We need to replace an old, broken toilet that sits underneath a banjo countertop. The bottom of the countertop is 30-1/4" from the floor, and extends out 8" from the wall.

I am trying to figure out what my options are in TOTO toilets that I will be able to install in this space without removing or cutting the countertop.

For two piece models, I figure I could install the bowl first and then the tank on top, as long as the total height gave me a little room to spare. For one piece models, I presume I will need additional clearance to lift the toilet and set it to the floor properly.

My real question is whether or not the one-piece toilets with the Unifit adapter can be in play here. We like the look of the skirted toilets (and installed an Aquia CST412MF downstairs and love it).

How tall is the Unifit adapter, i.e. how much clearance do I need to be able to lift the toilet over it?

We are in southern California, so are looking at 1.28 gpf or better.

General preferences:
- elongated seat
- universal height
- CEFIONTECT
- double cyclone flush
- skirted (if possible)
- 1 gpf (if possible)

Candidates at the moment are the UltraMax II (1.28 or or 1 gpf version), Carlyle II (1.28 or 1 gpf version), Carolina II, Supreme II, Eco Drake (CST744EG model)

Feedback most welcome.

Thanks!
Tom

Reach4

Reaction score
How tall is the Unifit adapter, i.e. how much clearance do I need to be able to lift the toilet over it?
From memory, I think it adds another roughly 2 inches to lift over the Unifit.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms864114e.pdf is the shortest at 23-1/2 inches. That does not include the height of the raised lid. Also see Supreme II.

I think you will not want the toilet against the wall, because it would not only potentially interfere with the seat, you don't want to hit the user's back against that shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks