TOTO to the rescue

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by bigrga, Apr 6, 2007.

1. bigrga

bigrga New Member

We had 3 Universal Rundle toilets in our house and all of them would clog up and require a plunger to clear. I have to admit my solids can be a bit awesome at times so I needed a powerful toilet system. We purchased a TOTO UltraMax with GMax and Sanagloss finish. I replaced one of the toliets about 2 months ago and the UltraMax has been a great improvement. I have only managed to clog it twice before I learned how to flush this toilet. It has a unique flushing action and the flushing handle works different than any toilet I have ever seen. Since I learned the secret of flushing this toilet it hasn't clogged again. It appears that the UltraMax will solve my continual plunging problems.
  2. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Congratulations on your success!

What's the secret for flushing those new toilets?
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You have to press the lever down all the way. Many of the older toilets would sort of lift the flapper up because of trapped air if you only got it part way up, but the Toto valve doesn't. If you don't get it up fully, it will close quickly.