Toto sink install question

Users who are viewing this thread

LittleBlueTruck

Reaction score
I'm installing a pair of TOTO self-rimming sinks in a bath vanity. The instructions say to just set the sink in the hole (with no sealant applied to the bottom of the sink) and then seal around the edge. My questions are:

1. Is this right? Most generic instructions that I see suggest applying a sealant to the underside of the sink before dropping it in. This way seems easier since I can position the sink more easily. However, I want to do it correctly.

2. Assuming it is correct, what type of sealant should I use around the edge of the sink.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBlueTruck

Reaction score
The vanity is a dresser that was stripped down to bare wood and then refinished with Waterlox.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We drop the lavs, install them to plumbing, and at the very last use clear polyseamseal on them.
You can do Silicone too. I don't.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The advantage of the polyseamseal is that it will remove easily when and if you want/need to do so, and won't leave the same kind of residue as silicone caulk.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks