Toto Seat Question: SS164 or SS154 or SS114

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Arlington22207, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Arlington22207

Arlington22207 New Member

I'm likely going to order a Toto Vespin II today and need to order a toilet seat to go with it. I saw a post recommending the SS164 seat but I only see a SS154 available for order. Are these the same seats (different shapes, perhaps?).

I'm thinking perhaps the SS164 was a typo.

Also, what's the difference in the SS154 and the SS114? Is it just the molding around the cover or is the seat itself different?

Toto's website is remarkably unhelpful in this instance.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Most of us carry the standard SS114, and the traditional looking SS154
    The SS164 has less of a dish then those two, and can be seen with some of the new one-piece toilets from Toto.
    I have ordered some SS164's for stock, but they are still selling them with the one-piece toilets at this point, and I guess they don't have enough for stock orders of just the seat.

With the Vespin, you would want either the SS114 or the SS164

[​IMG]
    The SS164 is now the new SS114
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  3. Otearai

Otearai DIY Engineer

We had a Vespin II installed in our home today, and we specified the SS214 (the '214 is the standard seat shipped with the Toto Soiree) for it, because we preferred the look. It is all a matter of personal preference.
  4. Arlington22207

Arlington22207 New Member

How do you like it?
  5. Otearai

Otearai DIY Engineer

The SS214 is everything that we expected it to be, no surprises. Back when we ordered it (it was not an inventory item at the store where we bought it) I was surprised that the SS214 commands a slight price premium over the SS114, SS154, and SS164, but (amortised over life expectancy), the difference in price is a trifle. I appears that it will be easier to clean in the area around the extremities of the hinges than the SS114 would be, which was a factor in our decision to get an SS214; but that assessment is based on photos of the SS114, as we do not have an SS114 here to make a direct physical comparison.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011