Toto question

Users who are viewing this thread

peterh

Reaction score
Thanks to all the good recommendations here, I'm going with a Toto. I've found a good price, however it comes with this warning --

"Water supply rough-in is wider than standard 5 1/2" rough-in. Consult your builder or contractor".

What does that mean?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From the centerline of the toilet (L-R), the skirted versions of the Toto line get fairly close to the wall, and the skirt is moderately wide. "Standard" position of the supply valve coming out of the wall (or floor) will interfere with the toilet, and not allow it to be set down properly. So, depending on your situation, you might need to move the shut-off valve, or put a 90-degree on it to get it to where the toilet will work and you'll still be able to turn the water on or off. Depending on the actual flange installation (normal is 12" to the anchor bolts from the finished wall), you may or may not have enough room to use the toilet without mods to the supply line.

peterh

Reaction score
So that means that the water suppply might not be laterally far enough away to fit the toilet in? Do you know how far from the center line of the toilet the valve needs to be away to fit a Toto? Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto posts drawings of the toilets on their website...they recommend 8" from the centerline, but less should work.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you have the skirted models with the unifit adapter, then 7" center to center will work.

Sometimes if they are closer, the shutoff can be moved with a 90 el.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks