TOTO Promenade toilet review and comments

Users who are viewing this thread

jjmoon

Reaction score
Promedade toilet tank

I thought it was best to have an insulated tank.
I inquired about this model at a plumbing store and the tank is not insulated.
Is that a problem in humid weather?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Low flow toilets use water in a different way than the older full flow models. Only about 1/2 of the tank is used per flush. This means the incoming cold water is tempered by the remaining water and thus there is little or no problem with condensation.

RonB-Chicago

Reaction score
Promenade Bowl used with Drake Tank??

I've got a tank height problem. We want a round bowl with universal (high) height, and have G-Max flush. The Promenade ALMOST fits the bill except the overall tank height. I know Toto sells each tank and bowl individually. I'm hoping possibly someone would know if the basic tank & bowl alignments for some of their G-Max toilets are the same, BUT I CAN'T FIND OUT. Does anyone know if there is another tank (like maybe the G-Max Drake tank) that will fit on the Promenade bowl? Then I can order each item separately.
Thanks.
RonB-Chicago

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
promenade_green.jpg

CST724 Promenade
Can be had with two different tanks, The S 1.60 gallon and the E 1.28 gallon.
Four different bowls.
C423E round comfort height
C423EG round comfort height with CEFIONTECT
C424E elongated comfort height
C424EG elongated comfrot height with CEFIONTECT

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
CST724 Promenade
Can be had with two different tanks, The S 1.60 gallon and the E 1.28 gallon.
Four different bowls.
C423E round comfort height
C423EG round comfort height with CEFIONTECT
C424E elongated comfort height
C424EG elongated comfrot height with CEFIONTECT

For folks looking at this toilet, it used to be CST724 as the bowl/tank combination, but no longer. Toto has now redone the model numbers on the "new" versions.

Terry has the correct bowl numbers above, but here are the TOILET numbers if you want to order the whole toilet (i.e the bowl and tank). Forget about CST724; it will show as "discontinued". The "new" 2-piece toilet numbers are:

CST423EF 1.28gpf tank, round universal height bowl
CST423EFG 1.28 gpf tank, round universal height bowl with CEFIONTECT
CST424EF 1.28gpf tank, elongated universal height bowl
CST424EFG 1.28gpf tank, elongated universal height bowl with CEFIONTECT

For the 1.6gpf tank, just change the "E" in my numbers above to an "S".

Ben77

Reaction score
I'm looking for a "standard" height (not "comfort" or "chair" height) toilet for a new powder room, 4'6" x 5'6". Probably prefer round bowl; that's what we have now, and have young daughters. I prefer olde-fashioned styling. I prefer internal mechanism I can repair myself with the universal kit from the big box home center store. Normal 12" rough in. The more water the better.

I see from page 21 of this document http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/b4/b480c860-f339-4a75-b59f-191458201267.pdf that the Toto Promenade has model numbers CST743S and CST744S(G) which are "standard" height, not comfort height. Is that model still available? Is there a new model number for the standard height toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The CST743S is a round front Drake.
The CST744S(G) is an elongated Drake.
The Promenade only comes in the taller comfort height bowl. Those are generic instructions for most of the 2-piece TOTO toilets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks