Toto Promenade flange distance

Users who are viewing this thread

dsimonl

Reaction score
We have a Toto Drake II in our main bathroom and absolutely love it. My guest bath needs a new toilet. I'd buy another Drake II, but I only have 47" from wall to wall.

I believe the Promenade is the shortest comfort height toilet in the Toto lineup. Is it like the Drake where I can mount the flange center at 11" instead of 12" to save an additional inch?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO spec pages shows 26-1/8" long, and 3/4" behind the tank on a 12" rough for the CST423

You can also look at the TOTO Entrada
The CST243EF is a round bowl with comfort (Universal) Height.

cst243ef_spec_pic.jpg

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/98-toto-cst243ef-entrada-toilet.html

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The TOTO spec pages shows 26-1/8" long, and 3/4" behind the tank on a 12" rough for the CST423

For the round one, which I assume the poster knows, but just wanted to make sure. The elongated Promenade is essentially the same distance front to back as your Drake II (it's 1/4" shorter).

For what it's worth, you sit in the same position on the round bowl and the elongated bowl. You just have a little more china in front of your privates. So how it "feels" when you're using it in terms of sitting in a confined space will be exactly the same as your Drake II. If the concern is that it will impinge on a door or a wheelchair or something, fine. Otherwise, I would just go with the Drake II that you love, or the elongated Promenade if you like the look of the toilet. I had the same concern about using an elongated Original Drake in a confined space. Bought one round for there and an elongated for elsewhere. The reality is that if I had to do it over again, I would just get two elongated ones, knowing what I now know. I don't dislike the Round Drake -- far from it -- but I just realize that I was overly-concerned. Again, this is just my 2 cents, but knowing that you love your Drake II, I thought I would pass them along.

dsimonl

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Yes, the round one :D

The little 4' bath is laid out Sink, toilet, shower. Guests need to squeeze past the toilet to get to the shower. On the Drake ii, that space would be 14.5". If i minimize the flange distance to the wall, the Promenade round would give 17.5"

If I set the flange center at 11.5", in theory, if everything is straight, I should still have .25" behind the toilet. Is that enough for the tank lid?

dsimonl

Reaction score
I changed my mind.....
After mulling it over all weekend I'm going to modify the walls (non load-bearing) and turn one of the studs sideways... In essence make a 2" alcove in front and back of the toilet so I can fit a Drake II. I don't want to compromise!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Different places have different requirements on minimum passage distance...where I live, you'd need 24" in front of the toilet to an obstruction (and 15" either side). This can make it difficult to make a small bathroom compliant. It was done in older homes, but the codes weren't as strict. Similar issue to stairways and the rise/run...the house where I grew up would never be allowed today, as the stairs are no longer code compliant.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks