Toto Plymouth Post Flush Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

lizch

Reaction score
I have recently installed two Toto Plymouth toilets and they both have an intermittent problem with the tank not refilling after a flush.

When I examined the mechanism, I saw that the first link on the chain that raises and lowers the rubber thingy gets out of position and prevents the rubber thingy from closing.

Each time this happens I have to take the lid off the tank and adjust the chain. Is there any solution to this problem? It is extremely irritating and time consuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Liz

toto_plymouth-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is it the top link, or the bottom link?

I believe the top link should have a clip that hangs from a hole in the rod.

toto_plymouth-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bob's HandyGuy

Reaction score
You probably have too much slack in the chain. Adjust the chain so that you have it is as tight as possible but not so tight as to unseat the rubber thingy. (If that's possible on a new Toto)

lizch

Reaction score
The clip

I tried taking out some slack but the problem still persisted. After I watched it for a few flushes I realized that the clip that attaches to the arm was perhaps upside down with the broad end towards the top. I reversed the direction oft he clip and the problem seems to have gone away.

Many thanks for your help.

Liz

remodel05

Reaction score
Continous flow in Toto Plymouth

Hi,

has anybody had the problem with a Toto Plymouth toilet where the mechanism doesn't stop pulling water from the water line? We've tried to fix it, but really have no idea what is causing it (e.g. the power gravity unit seems to leak water, but then again, we don't know if this normal). Does anybody have a suggestion what to do? Will the unit need to be replaced? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the fill valve doesn not shut off, it needs the $2.50 assembly cap replaced. Lowes carries the part as a Korky Quietfill assembly cap.

toto_plymouth-3.jpg

New fill valve and Korky 2022BP flapper on this tank.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks