Toto Plunger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tremor

Reaction score
Thanks for such a useful forum. I've learned a lot reading the posts here.

In 1982 I leased a warehouse in New York. There was a square plunger in one of the bathrooms. At the time we had no use for such a device so it was tossed.

Today I'm in a wheelchair so last month we had to upgrade my home's primary bath. We used an ADA compliant (elongated bowl) Toto Drake toilet. Despite the very good flush, I can & do clog it occasionally.

A conventional round plunger has proven useless even using Terry's recommended short strokes. This is compounded by the fact I'm in a wheelchair.

I've searched the www for that square plunger to no avail. Is anyone aware of a "Toto bowl" shaped plunger?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A quote from Fine Home Building

Terry Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel in Redmond, Washington, says, "Most customers who get builder grade 1.6-gal. toilets for the first time have to learn to use a plunger, and believe it or not, a lot of people don't know how to use a plunger."

According to Love, there's a right way to plunge a toilet. "Put the plunger in with water in bowl, and after a series of short, quick strokes, pull up until everything sucks down. Usually people do big strokes up and down. Using that method, some blockages won't move."

korky_plunger.jpg

This style has a pull-out on the end. I prefer the rubber ones over the plastic.

And then there is the new Korky Beehive plunger.

korky-beehive-plunger.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks