Toto Pacifica not meeting my expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

CindyLou

Reaction score
I recently installed a 2-piece Pacifica, and it's not measuring up, IMO. I am sold on the Toto concept, and I picked the Pacifica because I need a 14" rough-in in this bathroom.

The problem seems to me that the drain hole is too far back on this design, and since the water is so small and shallow, this presents problems that one has problems describing delicately. But I shall try.

Say one is sitting and then flushes. Waste has been deposited on a big flat area in front of the drain hole. This waste often does not go away, even after 3 flushes. Big problem, only solved with a brush, which is not pleasant. Once the waste has hit the drain, everything is fine, but getting it there is a problem. And I am not talking about just skid marks here.

My other bathroom has a 12" RI American Standard that has never had this specific problem. It has other problems, mostly requiring a plunger. When I look at both toilets, I think the reason I don't have the same problem with the AS is because the drain hole is farther forward on the AS.

So I guess my question is, assuming that people can understand what I'm talking about, should I get a different Toto? Is this a problem with all of them, or is the drain hole on the Pacifica what's causing the problem? I looked at the Toto web site, but they don't detail what the inside of the bowl looks like. And I am limited to Unifit and 14" RI.

Thanks for any help.

cst804s-terrylove-1.jpg

TOTO Pacifica CST808

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've not seen the insides of the Pacifica. I have a Vespin in one bathroom and a Carlyle in the other. Both use the unifit adapter. I've not noticed that problem with either one. Don't know if that helps or not.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Pacifica is an elongated bowl.

Some people will set near the front of the bowl, rather than at the back if they have been used to the regular bowl in the past.

I would make sure your boot is all the way in the stirup.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Terry said:
The Pacifica is an elongated bowl.

Some people will set near the front of the bowl, rather than at the back if they have been used to the regular bowl in the past.

I would make sure your boot is all the way in the stirup.

I have a new Toto Aquia. This unit came equipped with a soft close seat
which is entirely different from anything previously used. It was a relatively minor adjustment from what I was used to-but it is different...

HTH

Mike

CindyLou

Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen, for your tactful and understandable replies. I'll see what happens. I didn't think about the seat, but yes, it is more forward.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks