Toto: on skirts and seats and sitting pretty

Users who are viewing this thread

purplerascal

Reaction score
So, I've been scouring the boards here and elsewhere in the quest to create the perfect match of toilet and seat (a FrankenToto!). What I've gathered so far:

* Some people love the standard inward-sloping standard Toto seat, plus the ease of cleaning a plastic seat; others (me) prefer a flatter or rounded shape, and the perceived "warmth" of wood.

* It's not a major deal to switch a seat on a Toto, and you can use any old seat (round or elongated depending on your bowl), although you may get the occasional mismatch/overhang issue. If you're excited about the Toto SoftClose, there's apparently a "traditional" version that's flatter.

* You can easily switch the seats on a skirted Toto, IF you save the special toggles that it comes with. But even if you threw them away, you can order more: the part number is THU651N. Pictures and discussion here.

--
Did I summarise correctly?

I'm just getting this all straight in my head, for the benefit of other readers, and because the unhelpful salesguy at my local Toto vendor insisted that you could "only use the seats they come with" for the skirted Totos. He was especially adamant that I couldn't use the Maple Soft-Close seat on a Vespin II, a Carrollton, or even the Aquia.

He's wrong, right? If so, I think I'm going to get a Vespin II or a Carrollton and put a different seat on it, like this poster. Wish me luck! And thanks for the great wealth of knowledge on these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks