TOTO Nexus Tank/Bowl Installation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I read on this forum and other forums that the Nexus toilet develops a leak between the tank and bowl? I ordered this toilet and will have it w/i 3 weeks so can someone please tell me what to do to avoid this issue or to fix it if it happens? Everything I read never explained what the fix was and that the placement of the tank on the bowl isn't intuitive???

Has anyone here resolved this problem? If so how?

Thanks…

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst794_door.jpg

The flush valve on the Nexus, can be tightened with large pliers before installing.
I like to sand the inside of the tank where the bolts attach.
They are tightened evenly, a little at a time.
It's mainly about slowing down, and doing it right.

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I need some advice.

I have my Nexus toilet and the instructions say to install the tank and toilet together first before installing to the floor. I thought the luxury of a 2 piece is to make it easier to install the toilet bowl to the floor first then install the tank to the bowl. This is how I've always done it in the past. What am I suppose to do?

Thanks in advance!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A stud like Terry's son, Jamie, can carry an assembled toilet up a flight of stairs with one hand and have his tools and wax ring in the other. He can probably handle a cup of Starbucks at the same time he sets the assembles toilet in place. However, we mere mortals, some of whom are old, fat, and clumsy, prefer to make several trips to avoid tripping (pun intended) and set the bowl first then place the tank to avoid a trip to the chiropractor. But serious, Terry's point on the sanding around the bolt holes inside the tank should be heeded. Regular sand paper will work, but if you have some emery cloth, aka plumbers sandpaper, that's perfect. Either way, a few seconds around the bolt holes is all it takes to be sure the surface is smooth and will seal properly.

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
The bowl is heavy enough - I'll connect the tank after bowl is set. I do have plumbers sand paper - I think I'm set.

Thanks again...

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
Okay - the bowl to floor installation was a snap. When putting tank on bowl, that tank to bowl gasket over the flush valve creates a gap, makes it float. Will there be no tank to bowl china touch? Will there be this gap? Terry's picture shows a small gap. Mine appears to be bigger but I have not bolted tank it down yet.

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
Never mind. I bolted tank in place and it looks nice. I have to tighten bolts then do a water test to make sure it doesn't leak. I sanded inside tank where gaskets touch to smooth the surface...seems like a nice fit - see what happens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks