Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
9.5" will work.
6" needs to be moved out though.
With the unit on hand, you can get an idea for what can be done without kinking the braided connector.

denverboz

Reaction score
Hey Terry, great site and great information on the Toto neorest.

Got a quick question about the electrical requirements. Do you know how much power the Neorest uses, and if it requires a dedicated circuit?
I can't seem to find anything about it. TIA for any help.

BTW I can't get the links to the owners manual in this thread to work, don't know if it's me or they're just bad links.

OK I did find this about the Neorest it says: Power Rating 120V 60 Hz 1281W.
But honestly, even after googling it, I'm not sure what that means. I don't think it means it uses 1281W, just not sure. Maybe I'll post in electrical.

Last edited:

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
I suspect that it does indeed mean that it requires 1281 watts under some circumstances. That pretty much means a dedicated 15 ampere circuit or a lightly loaded 20 ampere circuit. While it might pass code being on the required 20 ampere bathroom circuit I would feel better about it being on a different circuit.

Stu L.

Reaction score
I currently have an ultramax and an S300 washlet. Would the neorest offer an advantage in washing? It definitely has the edge in the looks department, but when it comes to toilets the proof is in the pudding (no pun intended). Is the motorized flush superior? The Ultramax has been a hell of a toilet, and the washlet handles things pretty well when my poopy is soupy. Maybe the Neorest offers a better blow dry/style? If there are real advantages I would go for it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ms950_kapur_1.jpg

MS950CG-12
Neorest 500 in Sedonia Beige
Installed 2/28/2014

ms950_kapur_2.jpg

The water heater install and Toto install went great! Thanks!

Jay

Last edited:

Fred Duggan

Reaction score
Is there any way for the AC wire to be hidden? I love how it looks, but I hate that it has a power chord coming out of it...

asimo

Reaction score
Is the toto shutoff valve mandatory at all ? I know it has a filter inside . but can you use a sharkbite plex pipe fiting connect from in wall directly to the toilet without using their hose and shutoff valve?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is the toto shutoff valve mandatory at all ? I know it has a filter inside . but can you use a sharkbite plex pipe fiting connect from in wall directly to the toilet without using their hose and shutoff valve?

No. You must use the shutoff that comes with the toilet.
The standard shutoffs don't even come close to working.

ms950_kapur_2.jpg

SamC

Reaction score
Just curious. Since the Neorest uses a pump to provide pressure, and needs the large incoming line for sufficient flow, how does the manual flush work when the power is out?

philly john

Reaction score
We got the 500 2 weeks ago, it was an almond color floor model on clearance for $300, a deal we couldn't pass up. After reading through the multiple instruction manuals, testing the water pressure (we have 40 psi), I decided to tackle the install this weekend.

I'm moderately handy, and so far have spent about 8 hours on the installation.

At this point, it's mostly installed with the exception the shutoff valve. Now the the water line is run using a series of connectors that are restricitng volume and inhibiting the unit from flushing properly. I was hoping to get by without breaking out the torch but such is life.

Also, the drilling through the tile is a less than positive experience, after breaking 4 mid-range masonry bits, I took another trip to the depot to buy some bosch carbide drill bits. Really made things easier, something I should have done in the beginning.

I'm going to re-run the water next weekend and will post pictures afterwards.

philly john

Reaction score
Almost forgot, the back wall is concrete so the water line comes up through the floor rather than the wall. I don't think this should be an issue as long as I position it in such a way as to not kink the braided cord, but we'll see.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Almost forgot, the back wall is concrete so the water line comes up through the floor rather than the wall. I don't think this should be an issue as long as I position it in such a way as to not kink the braided cord, but we'll see.

Through the floor for the supply is fine. You will point the shutoff where you need for the least amount of bend. It does need the full size shutoff and supply that comes with the unit. We've installed so many of these units. You do need to slow down a bit while working on them. There are a lot of wires that need to be left intact.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just curious. Since the Neorest uses a pump to provide pressure, and needs the large incoming line for sufficient flow, how does the manual flush work when the power is out?

There is a lever on the right side as you look at it that works the manual flush during a power outage. You don't get the bells and whistles, but it does flush.

philly john

Reaction score
This is the original line for the old unit, initial I was optimistic that the toto could be installed without breaking out the torch

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-30_18-23-26.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-30_18-23-26.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 593
  • upload_2016-1-30_18-23-52.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-30_18-23-52.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 609

JoyC

Reaction score
Most plumbers are roughing water at 6" to the left.
If you are installing a Neorest 500, the water needs to be moved over.

neorest_500_hookup.jpg

The Neorest comes with it's own shutoff with filter screen. The large braided hose is needed or it won't flush right.
You can't use a 3/8" hose on these, no tank, so you need more volume.
neorest_500_pedestal.jpg

Terry
Hi Terry-

I have the Toto neorest 500 and love it but something got hit on the right side when sitting on the toilet and now it’s been leaking by the water drain lever and washlet shut off filter. I tighten the filter so much that the plastic is shredding. Not sure what the drain lever does. As I didn’t install this not sure what’s going on but it’s been leaking a lot now from that area. Please let me know if you know what’s wrong since you’ve installed a lot of these. Thank you in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks