TOTO MS854114SL-01 Ultramax ADA vs. cyclone Ultramax II Gwyneth MS604114CEF ADA mdl

Users who are viewing this thread

RichE

Reaction score
We're looking at the Toto models MS854114SL-01 Ultramax ADA vs. cyclone Ultramax II Gwyneth MS604114CEF (don't know ADA model for sure). I've seen not so good reviews of the 1.28 gallon Totos. The video of your review with blue dye and a couple of pieces of toilet paper don't seem to emulate real world toilet use with feces and a wad or three of toilet paper.

Cleaning isn't really an issue, nor is the slightly lower water usage 1.6 vs. 1.28 to us, should we stick with the MS854114, or is the cyclone stuff really that good in real world situations?

Last quick question, does the sanigloss or whatever special finish on the Ultramax II come with any special cleaning precautions? We have house cleaners come every 2 weeks, and I'm worried they'll use something that'll damage it.

Thanks!

Rich

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm selling way more of the Ultramax II with CEFIONTECT then the non-CEFIONTECT ADA Ultramax.

MS854114SL-01 Cotton White, $536.99
MS604114CEFG-01 with CEFIONTECT, $474.99
MS854114ELG-01 with CEFIONTECT, $584.99

I have the MS604 upstairs and the MS854114SG downstairs.

With a 1.28, or even the 1.6 for that matter, holding the handle down just a bit instead of a push and release will drop more water from the tank.
They all have the same trapway and flush valve.
The CEFIONTECT Ultramax II with high bowl is priced a lot better I think.
I've been using the standard liquid bowl cleaners for years on my CEFIONTECT and it looks like the day it was installed five years ago.
I'm installing a Toto toilet Tuesday to a house cleaner. She sees Toto all the time, and now she wants one for her own home.

Real world use? That's why I'm pulling out so many other brands and installing Toto.

Originally, TOTO had a one-piece and a two-piece Gwyneth
These are now:
MS604114CEFG, Ultramax II
CST454CEFG, Drake II

Last edited:

RichE

Reaction score
Thanks.

With the prices for these things, I'm not too concerned about the difference in price, I just don't want to be sorry I got something "new" when the 854 has literally HUNDREDS of positive reviews, and there are lot of complaints about 1.2x gallon flush toilets.

So my main concern is about "real world" flushing. Assuming we hold the handle all the way down, vs. quick push, and all other concerns, price, cleaning, etc., would you say the 1.28 604 does as good or better job as the 854?

Thanks again,

Rich

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When low-flow toilets first came out, the manufacturers of many brands did not re-engineer them, they just reduced the flow...they did not work! Some companies actually did some engineering. No toilet that uses 1.28g will wash the bowl as well as a really old one that used as much as 5x as much (or even more!). But, some are much better than others. Toto is the largest toilet manufacturer in the entire planet, they spend money on engineering and have some stylists that cater to different design tastes. From a quality, maintenance, and performance viewpoint, Toto is a high quality company and their products work. I don't think you'll go wrong with either, but the dual-cyclone is their newest design, and (at least hopefully!) works the best.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For the MS604114CEFG, I've sold
86 Cotton White
1 Bone
4 Colonial White
12 Beige
100 total for the years 2010 to now.
Complaints? I've haven't heard them.

Consumer Reports did shoot some video for their web site, where they first plugged the bowl, and then shot video.
It seemed like a dumb thing to do. I have one. It works fine. I can take video of toilets with plugs in them too.
Did you miss that part farther up the page?
Many of my customers have three or four of these.

If you're worried though, then get the 1.6 Ultramax. During that same period I've sold 156. No complaints on those either.

Last edited:

RichE

Reaction score
Thanks. And while I'm not concerned about the difference in price between ultramax and II, when spending this kind of money, it's the "at least hopefully" part I want to avoid... :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks