Toto Maris Toilet Choices

Users who are viewing this thread

Airforce1

Reaction score
The age old "which toilet to chose" dilemma continues! I have replaced three toilets in our home and they are just okay, nothing spectacular. They are Costco toilets and I find good value for the money. We are now adding an ensuite to "this old house" and wanted something nicer for the people who actually pay the bills here. My husband would like a cyclonic, tornado or centrifuge type flush as he believes it to clear the toilet of solids and liquids more efficiently. I have wanted to try a Toto and been researching, and researching. I find Consumer reports to be a worthy source of information but they test limited products. I have also checked the MaP rating for Toto's with max performance: http://www.map-testing.com/map-sear...sureassistorgravityfed=G&Search=Search#result
I thought the Maris had the 2 1/8" glazed trapway with 3" Flappervalve, among other features that I quite liked. Then I looked at this forum and found some negative comments about the Maris, floor mounted model. They were older comments though. Can anyone tell me if this toilet has been redesigned? Have they worked out the kinks? Does anyone have any personal experience with it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst494_k09.jpg

This is a TOTO Connelly Dual-Max Cyclone bowl, but basicly the same thing.
The water comes in at three points, one of them at the side in the lower part.
There is a lot of solid surface, like many dual flush toilets. They do tend to need more cleaning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks