Toto Horn Notch

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim.

Reaction score
Thank you all for all the useful information throughout this forum! After much research (and some convincing of the wife) I am the proud owner of a brand new Toto Drake II. I plan to install it this weekend, however when I was inspecting the bowl I noticed a notch in the horn. I'm not sure if this is normal or a defect. I do know the horn is not always perfectly round, but this is clearly a notch. It does not appear to be shipping damage as upon inspection you can see some of the white glazing inside the lip of the notch.

Anyway I'm probably worried about nothing. I attached the photo to this post. Anyone care to let me know if I should take it back to my pluming supply house for a replacement? Or of this is totally normal? Thanks all!

EDIT: FYI the bowl us stamped Made in USA :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150331_221903.jpg
    IMG_20150331_221903.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20150331_221857.jpg
    IMG_20150331_221857.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 192

Tim.

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! Now to try and scrape the grout off the base of the existing toilet so I can lift it..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks