Toto - G-Max and Power Gravity

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by olgaandron, Jul 9, 2007.

1. olgaandron

olgaandron New Member

This forum has been a great help in deciding which toilet to choose when we replace our older American Standards. We have decided that Toto is the way to go. I've searched the forums to find out the difference between the G-Max and the Power Gravity Toto toilets without success. Is there a real difference or is it all marketing hype? If real, what is the difference from a technical perspective?

Thanks.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Same porcelain.
    Different water height in the tank.
    G-Max keeps the water higher in the tank, and used the Red flapper that drops quicker.
    Power Gravity, since the water starts at a lower height, uses the Blue flapper.

MaP ratings give the edge to the G-Max, which it should, however having used both, I'm comfortable with either.
    I've used both the G-Max and the Power-Gravity in Churches and homes.
    My home too.

I would sell more of the Power-Gravity, if people weren't so fed up with their builder grade toilets. After that experience, they typically don't want to take another chance.
  3. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I agree with Terry.
    The G-max will push the water faster down because with more water in the tank it gives it a better initial push.
    Unless you are installing this on a well system or in a basement you don't need a G-Max, Power Gravity is more than enough.
  4. olgaandron

olgaandron New Member

Thanks for the info. One additional question - Can a Power Gravity toilet be upgraded to a G-max and if so, how?
  5. Backglass

Backglass New Member

How does having a well factor in the flush? Or is it about pressure/speed of re-fill?
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Having low water pressure (which may be on a well system) would only affect a pressure assist toilet, neither of the Toto versions you mentioned would be affected by water pressure.
  7. Backglass

Backglass New Member

That's what I thought too...so why would a well even be mentioned?
  8. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Sorry i meant for cottage country, when we have people order for cottages there is not a basement usually and we recommend G-max because of the lack of gravity push.
    In my head i remembered well systems.

You can change the Power Gravity to a G-Max but you need to change the Flush valve and flapper and raise the fill valve to a higher level.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2007