Toto - G-Max and Power Gravity

Users who are viewing this thread

olgaandron

Reaction score
This forum has been a great help in deciding which toilet to choose when we replace our older American Standards. We have decided that Toto is the way to go. I've searched the forums to find out the difference between the G-Max and the Power Gravity Toto toilets without success. Is there a real difference or is it all marketing hype? If real, what is the difference from a technical perspective?

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Same porcelain.
Different water height in the tank.
G-Max keeps the water higher in the tank, and used the Red flapper that drops quicker.
Power Gravity, since the water starts at a lower height, uses the Blue flapper.

MaP ratings give the edge to the G-Max, which it should, however having used both, I'm comfortable with either.
I've used both the G-Max and the Power-Gravity in Churches and homes.
My home too.

I would sell more of the Power-Gravity, if people weren't so fed up with their builder grade toilets. After that experience, they typically don't want to take another chance.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I agree with Terry.
The G-max will push the water faster down because with more water in the tank it gives it a better initial push.
Unless you are installing this on a well system or in a basement you don't need a G-Max, Power Gravity is more than enough.

olgaandron

Reaction score
Terry said:
Same porcelain.
Different water height in the tank.
G-Max keeps the water higher in the tank, and used the Red flapper that drops quicker.
Power Gravity, since the water starts at a lower height, uses the Blue flapper.

MaP ratings give the edge to the G-Max, which it should, however having used both, I'm comfortable with either.
I've used both the G-Max and the Power-Gravity in Churches and homes.
My home too.

I would sell more of the Power-Gravity, if people weren't so fed up with their builder grade toilets. After that experience, they typically don't want to take another chance.
Thanks for the info. One additional question - Can a Power Gravity toilet be upgraded to a G-max and if so, how?

Backglass

Reaction score
Peanut9199 said:
Unless you are installing this on a well system or in a basement you don't need a G-Max, Power Gravity is more than enough.

How does having a well factor in the flush? Or is it about pressure/speed of re-fill?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Having low water pressure (which may be on a well system) would only affect a pressure assist toilet, neither of the Toto versions you mentioned would be affected by water pressure.

Backglass

Reaction score
jadnashua said:
Having low water pressure (which may be on a well system) would only affect a pressure assist toilet, neither of the Toto versions you mentioned would be affected by water pressure.

That's what I thought too...so why would a well even be mentioned?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Sorry i meant for cottage country, when we have people order for cottages there is not a basement usually and we recommend G-max because of the lack of gravity push.
In my head i remembered well systems.

You can change the Power Gravity to a G-Max but you need to change the Flush valve and flapper and raise the fill valve to a higher level.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks