Toto Flush Problem

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by ejb, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ejb

ejb New Member

I have a Toto Ultimate toilet. It is six weeks old and is now not flushing properly. The normal action is that when flushed, the bowl fills up with water which then gets sucked down rapidly.

Right now, the bowl fills, but the rapid suction is gone. The water just empties slowly, resulting in waste being left behind. Is this just a clog and I need to get a snake at home depot or is this a problem with the mechanism?

I'm not used to this new type of toilet and I'm surprised that it is acting up already. All new plumbing was put in so I wasn't expecting any clogs this soon.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Try pouring a five gallon bucket of water in the bowl.

You may have something in the trapway preventing the siphon action.
  3. ejb

ejb New Member

Thanks,

That worked like a charm and it was very simple. I'm glad I didn't rent that snake!
  4. ejb

ejb New Member

Clog has returned

The clog in the toilet returned after a few days and has gradually gotten tougher to clear. Now flushing with the 5 gallons of water only clears it up for one or two flushes. I am now also having to pour multiple buckets before it starts to clear. What should be my next step?
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You may try an auger with the large end on it.
    The ones we use are about 1.5" in diameter.
    A snake will go right by some things.
    Here is what a snake missed by another plumber

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007