Toto flush lever

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jeffdt, Feb 15, 2010.

1. jeffdt

jeffdt New Member

On the Drake, either a left hand flush or right hand, are the flush levers the same? Or is there a specific left hand part and a specific right hander?

Thanks, Jeff
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I haven't taken time to look at my the Drake paperwork, but looking at the handle, it is quite apparent to me that the left/right handles are different.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

An aside comment...when dealing with ADA toilets, they require the handle to be on the 'open' side, so you don't have to reach over the toilet to flush it. So, that is why some toilets are offered with an option.
  4. jeffdt

jeffdt New Member

Anyone know? Also if I do buy a polished gold right hander. Can the handle itself be removed and put on the existing left handed trip lever?

Thanks, Jeff
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Jeff, the handles are not interchangeable since they are side mounted. If you have a left hand trip lever, you need a left hand handle. I'm not sure if the right hand handle would even fit on the lever, but if it did, if would point backward. Now on the Dartmouth which is very similar to a Drake, the handles would interchange because they are a different shape. I would suggest you contact Toto and see if they can provide a gold left hand handle for you.
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you cant find a polished gold handle, you might want to go with White and color match the tank and lever.

I"ve never seen a right hand gold lever before.