TOTO fit problem w/ baseboard heater behind

Users who are viewing this thread

TomS

Reaction score
I was hoping to install a toto drake II in my bathroom. While I have a 12" rough-in, it turns out I have a baseboard heating element in the wall behind the toilet and the Drake's base is meant to go all the way right up against the wall, unlike the current toilet wich has a few inch gap in the back. I could get rid of the heating element but it would be a big hassle.

I need a 3" gap - can anyone suggest a low-flow toilet (toto or other) that performs well and does not need to have the base right up against the wall? From pictures the Aquia has a gap but even the cad drawings don't specify how big it is.

Help!

Thanks,

Tom S.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Dalton and the Aquia may.

dalton_behind_bowl.jpg

Dalton with very wide floor molding behind the bowl.

Last edited:

TomS

Reaction score
Thanks Terry - I guess I have to find one to look at since the cad drawings on the toto site do not give this distance.

Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks