Toto E-Max/WDI fill valve hoots

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by CarlH, Nov 1, 2010.

1. CarlH

CarlH New Member

I installed an Eco Drake a few months back and since it was installed the fill valve hoots or squawks both when the valve opens and when the valve closes. I did flush the line prior to hooking it up to the valve so hopefully the noise is not from any debris making its way to the valve. My other Eco Drake does something similar but it is much quieter and only when the valve closes. I'm debating on whether to try to quiet the valve or just ignore it. Has anybody else dealt with a noisy fill valve problem like this? Is this common with the WDI fill valves?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Is the wall shutoff valve fully open? What is your static water pressure?
  3. CarlH

CarlH New Member

The shutoff is fully open. As for water pressure, my PRV is set 50 PSI, but it has gone bad and allows the pressure to creep up to the street pressure when no water is running. Street pressure is usually 60 - 70 and will peak at 85 overnight.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Replace the PRV and check the expansion tank, then see if the toilet is happy. higher pressure in the house can affect any valve.