Toto Drake Water level questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Briant73

Reaction score
I have two Toto Drake toilets, one with a round bowl, the other the ADA elongated bowl. Both tanks seem to read st743s. Recently I had an issue with factory fill valve on the elongated bowl toliet so I ordered the universal toto fill valve (tsu99a.x) for it. I installed it and noticed some things that I have questions on -

1) I set the new valve to peg 5 for tank water level and fill level around 3. I noticed the tank water level is now almost at the top of the overflow tube, is that OK?

2) Right near the little fill adjustment valve after a flush and when water is going through the little line, a few drops of water appear on the blue plastic cover below the little fill control, this appears to be from the connection between the fill valve and the flow control where the plastic hose connects to the flow control. Everything looks tight and it's just a bit of water but will this hurt anything or cause of concern?

3) On my other Toto I have the old valve still with it's manual turn water level adjustment, where should the water level be? The writing on both tanks is not legible where it say's how far below the fill tube it should be.

4) Does anyone have a picture or something to help me determine the where the water level in the bowl should be at?

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Optionally, put a level on the bowl to make sure it is not grossly tilted.

Note the water level 2 minutes after a flush. Maybe use a bit of masking tape to mark that. Slowly add another quart of water. Allow 2 more minutes for the water level to stabilize. Did the level stay higher than what you marked? If so, your fill valve needs to add more refill water down the overflow tube.

Did the refill water reach your mark well before the fill valve shut off? If so, you could reduce your amount of refill.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The water level inside of the tank is about 1" from the top of the overflow tube. Once that is correct, you can check to verify that the bowl fill is proper without dumping excess down the drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks