Toto Drake vs. Toto Eco Drake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Anyone that uses these 2$ a roll toilet paper that could be used for pillows or jacket lining are just greedy and foolish. The sears catalogue worked for 75 years. Especially if you have a septic system, you are a sucker for punishment. Single ply, 80$ for a box of like 200 rolls, like in the airport. That's the ticket. Never saw my dog wipe his butt, and its cleaner than my kids hands. I don't get it. The Arabs just use their left hand, the greatest ecologists on earth. Of course they have a lot of sand to clean the hand in.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I'm replacing a 36-year-old builder-installed toilet and, after extensive research, have settled on a Toto Drake. I need the Round-bowl model because it's going in a VERY small bathroom and the elongated would stick out too far. I'm disappointed to see the Toto Drake Round doesn't come in the ADA height though, because I would prefer that. I notice the Toto Drake Eco Round DOES come in ADA height, but the flush system is different (G-Max Technology @ 1.6 GPF in the Drake Round vs. E-Max Flushing @ 1.28 GPF in the Drake Eco Round). Is it worth sacrificing the G-Max in order to gain the toilet height I'd prefer or am I better off staying with the 1.6 GPF lower model? Please take into account how well/completely each model flushes and any differences in cleaning the bowl because of flushing capacity. Also, can the Drake Round be ordered with CEFIONTECT, and if so, is it worth it?

I have to say I am finally convinced, the toto drake eco really sucks it all up. And I saw them for $171 vs. the American standard 3 at $298 - figure that out!

Chins

Reaction score
I think you guys are right (not sure about you ballvalve :D), it a strategy thing. Next time its either a single long flush or two single flushes so I am convinced that the initial matter has been taken away, I want to validate that the organic matter is gone first. Then I think I can optimize the paper use based on trial and error. I agree the paper is more than likely the issue, although I didn't think I used that much, we just use the Costco stuff, but its definitely two ply, there is no way my lady is going to use single ply.

Ballvalve. All I can say is interesting insight. Hands, sand, and bum's doesn't sound like a recipe for success at my place. We have two dogs, never seen them wipe their butts either, but given a choice I would happily shake your kids hands :D.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Costco stuff is their number-one-selling item. It definitely dissolves better than Charmin Ultra. You shouldn't have trouble with it.

PS They sell $400 million of the stuff every year. Incredible.

Last edited:

Chins

Reaction score
Well I gave it another good test today, plenty or organic material and it looked like I had it beat, flush cycle almost completed, and then it went. So now I know I am fairly safe on that front. No issues with the paper this time. Very happy with it. Thanks to all for the advice.

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
Organic matter alone, on the other hand, is something that I absolutely defy people to clog a Drake with. Ain't gonna happen, except with the very rare kind of stuff Jim is talking about..

I know this is an old post, but I think it is important to state that it CAN happen because it HAS happened, more than once, in my house. We have 1.6 gpf Drakes. My son has clogged them with organic matter only and he does not have any medical condition. He is a growing boy who eats a lot of food but it is healthy food, not junk. Now, with that said, it doesn't happen that often, and the previous toilets we had clogged much more frequently. I am definitely glad we bought our 1.6 gpf Drakes.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks