Toto Drake vs Entrada (CST744SL & CST244EF)

Users who are viewing this thread

Blake101

Reaction score
My wife and I just purchased a new house and both bathrooms have very old toilets. I was researching and initially decided on an American Standard Clean model but then saw Terry's guide and I am now looking at the Drake and Entrada models. The plumbing supply store that stocks Toto products in my area has the Drake CST744SL model and the Entrada CST244EF. Do the features on the Drake warrant almost $100 more in the price. I was originally willing to spend almost $250 for the AS so I could spend the money on the Drake but the savings going with the Entrada would help us be able to spend money in other areas of the house. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They are very similar in performance. It kinda boils down to looks in some ways.
It may be a good place to save on.

cst243ef_blue_1.jpg

The round front Entrada. It also comes in elongated.

Last edited:

Blake101

Reaction score
They are very similar in performance. It kinda boils down to looks in some ways.
It may be a good place to save on.

The smaller tank on the Entrada might look better since both bathrooms are fairly small. Other than that they look very similar to me. Your guide mentions that the Drake has a quiet flush. Is it consideably quieter that the Entrada?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If you like the look of the Entrada, go for it. It's going to perform similarly to the Drake, and if the price in your area is $100 apart, then it's a no brainer. I have two Drakes, and love them, but Terry's advice above is wise. If I were buying a toilet today, I would go with the Entrada. Save the $$ for something else. The Entrada is an excellent toilet, hands and feet above so much of the junk out there; it's really a best-buy.

Blake101

Reaction score
If you like the look of the Entrada, go for it. It's going to perform similarly to the Drake, and if the price in your area is $100 apart, then it's a no brainer. I have two Drakes, and love them, but Terry's advice above is wise. If I were buying a toilet today, I would go with the Entrada. Save the $$ for something else. The Entrada is an excellent toilet, hands and feet above so much of the junk out there; it's really a best-buy.

Thanks for the response. I'll let you guys know how we like them once they're installed. I should be using this forum a lot since we have a tub and water heater to replace and don't know what to buy.

Blake101

Reaction score
Another question. I was thinking of buying the toilets from an online retailer because their warehouse is just a state away and hopefully that would limit any issues with shipping. I noticed they had an installation kit with Nylon closet bolts. Are these any good? Seems like they would eliminate any issues with rust but just not sure how string they would be.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't see having heavy porcelain items being dropped off the end of a truck as a good investment.
Most of the delivery people aren't big enough to lift them. So............how lucky do you feel?

Nylon closet bolts are fine though. We use brass.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Blake,

Where in AZ are you? If you're in the PHX area, try American Plumbing Supply on 2950 Grand Ave. They take the toilets right off the freight train across the street. They can also deliver. They have nice low prices and the best knowledgeable sales people.

Blake101

Reaction score
I'm not sure why it shows AZ. I'm in Central Florida.

I checked and the toilets in the house have an 11 3/4" and a 11" rough in. Would these Entrada toilets still work?

Blake101

Reaction score
I checked and the toilets in the house have an 11 3/4" and a 11" rough in. Would these Entrada toilets still work?

Wallijonn

Reaction score
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst244ef_spec.pdf Look at the diagram - it shows 3/4" space between the wall and the back of the tank on the Entrada.

You may want to go with a Drake for the toilet flange that is 11" away from the wall (not the baseboard). https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744el.pdf shows 1.25" available on Drake, so you can have 0.25" between the wall and the tank on the 11" rough in flange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blake101

Reaction score
I found a local company that installs Toto toilets so i'll call them today to see if they stock the Drake. The room with the 11" rough in is the bathroom our guests would be using so it would be good to have a higher quality one in there anyway.

JerryR

Reaction score
I found a local company that installs Toto toilets so i'll call them today to see if they stock the Drake. The room with the 11" rough in is the bathroom our guests would be using so it would be good to have a higher quality one in there anyway.

I have installed 3 CST744SL Drakes and love them. One was installed with a 11" rough, another with 11 1/2" and the other where flange center was 10 3/4". They fit fine.

I just measured the one that's 11.5" and I have 1 1/8" space behind it. It should fit easily with your 11" rough.

By the way, the Drake is a great toilet.

Blake101

Reaction score
The local company wanted to charge too much so I'll have to drive to the distributor in South Orlando. I think they're charging $260. I'll report back once installed.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
I have installed 3 CST744SL Drakes and love them. One was installed with a 11" rough, another with 11 1/2" and the other where flange center was 10 3/4". They fit fine.

I just measured the one that's 11.5" and I have 1 1/8" space behind it. It should fit easily with your 11" rough.

Great to know. I'll have to bookmark it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks