Toto Drake squeaking and filling up to much

Users who are viewing this thread

Tameria11

Reaction score
Hi
Installed a Toto Drake 3 weeks ago. when I flush a get a very loud squeak, and it squeaks at the end of filling as well. Also the water in the tank fills to much sometimes and goes down the center drain tube, this leaves the toilet running. Not sure how to adjust would appreciate some advice
Thanks Dave

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it doesn't shutoff and continues to put water into the overflow tube after the tank has filled, it's either and adjustment or a failure.
Some of the valves have a squeak at shutoff. I'm not really hanging around in the bathroom listening for that though. I''m washing my hands and that creates more noise then anything that's coming from a toilet.

Tameria11

Reaction score
Hi Terry
I will try to adjust it. I don't hang around listening to my toilet, i can here it in the kitchen

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What is the water pressure in the house? In the USA, if it is over 80psi, then it should be regluated to 80 or lower. Depending on which fill valve you have, some debris from the line may have been caught up in the seal. On the valve made for Toto by Korky, it's an easy check to disassemble it and flush it. The other type (which has a big plastic screw on the top) doesn't come apart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks