Toto Drake red flapper vs blue flapper

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by DSWWPB, Dec 3, 2010.

1. DSWWPB

DSWWPB New Member

Hi All, been lurking here for info on toilets since I needed to replace one. Chose a Toto Drake 1.6. I was VERY skeptical going from a 3.5 toilet to anything less than that which is why I chose the Drake 1.6 over the Drake II 1.28. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. The Drake 1.6 flushes much better than the 3.5 Briggs it's replacing. But, because I was so skeptical I bought a Lowes blue flapper right after buying the Drake toilet. Info here stated the blue flapper stayed open longer and gave a better flush at the expense of a little more water /flush. Since I already had it, I tried it in the new Drake even though the red flapper was giving a surprisingly quick but strong flush. The blue flapper does stay open a bit longer, gives more bowl wash and possibly a longer/stronger flush. Unscientific testing shows it lets in 2more qts (64 oz) of water out of the tank versus the red flapper. I will wait until my 375 lb buddy "tests out" the new Drake before I make a decision on whether I'll put the red flapper back in.LOL

I won't hesitate to replace the other toilet with a 1.28 Drake II knowing that I can always change the flapper to get a 1.6ish flush if I think it's necessary. Very impressed with Toto toilets
  2. RedHouse

RedHouse New Member

The blue flapper is Power Gravity. The red is E-Max. Power Gravity is 1.6 while E-Max is1. 28