Toto Drake questions

Users who are viewing this thread

laterno

Reaction score
The toilets throughout our house are Mansfields and since moving in about 1-1/2 ago we have had more clogs that I can keep track of. We have snaked all of the toilets and that doesn't do any good...clogs continue to happen. So, we have decided to replace the toilets in our house...we are going to start with just one to make sure it takes care of the problem. After reading this site/forum, I have decided to go with the Toto Drake CST744S. I have two questions in regards to this model...
1. What are all of the different model numbers. For example there are listings that are Drake CST744S-01, some end in -03, and some end in -12. Are there differences between these that I need to be aware of?
2. Does anyone have any experience with the different colors offered? We currently have a soft cream colored toilet which matches the door casing and baseboards. Will the Colonial White be creamy enough or do I need to go to a Sedona Beige? The Bone is too tan from what I can tell so I do not want to consider that option.

Any answers to these questions or any other general suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The extra numbers (not letters, numbers) on the model number are the color. So, for example, cotton white would be listed as CST744S#01 or CST744S-01. 01 is cotton white, 03 is bone, 11 is colonial white, 12 is sedona beige, and 51 is ebony(black). When you look in a Toto tank, you will usually see the color stamped in it in big numerals by themselves, separate from the tank model number, like this: #01

I would hesitate to give advice about matching Mansfield colors. However, if you have the color letter or number in your mansfield tank, post it here and maybe we can find a comparison chart or someone will know.

Additional letters in the model number mean additional things. CST744SG is with CEFIONTECT. CST744SL is in ADA height. Other letters cover such things as a right-hand flush lever, bolt-down lid, or insulated tank, none of which you are likely to want or need.

I would point out that the CST744E is a 1.28gpf version of the same toilet, which might qualify for a watersense rebate in your jurisdiction. It flushes almost as well as the 1.6gpf version in most circumstances. You can check the list of jurisdictions that offer such rebates at the following link, but be sure to validate the information to make sure the program is still in effect in that jursidction: http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/rebate_finder_saving_money_water.html

Regardless, you are buying a great toilet, of which I have two, which we love.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
01- Cotton White is White
11- Colonial White is White, but not so much. Side by side it's hard to tell a difference, but they both look white.
Most white toilets we replace with Cotton White

12- Sedona Beige, Biscuit, Linen are similar

03- Bone, Almond are similar

Sometimes the color is marked under the lid, or you can take the lid somewhere. Color on a computer screen isn't helpful.

We replace Mansfield often with the Drake. Big improvement.

I recommend buying locally. By the time they have bounced in a truck for a while, chances are not that good.

I just bought a "nice" camcorder locally. I have a local TV show.
I bought it locally at Kenmore Camera in Kenmore, and it was well worth having someone to walk me through all the features.
And it keeps my local economy healthy. I don't like living in a slum.

Last edited:

laterno

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Found one somewhat locally, in stock. Hopefully I can get out there in the next week or two so I can git rid of the Mansfield. I'm so tired of having to mess with the clogs. Funny thing is that 90% of them are from the kids!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Found one somewhat locally, in stock. Hopefully I can get out there in the next week or two so I can git rid of the Mansfield. I'm so tired of having to mess with the clogs. Funny thing is that 90% of them are from the kids!

Great! Let us know how you like it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks