Toto Drake problem

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Jim Wilt, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Jim Wilt

Jim Wilt New Member

I have had a couple of Drakes for about a year now - great toilets! However, one of them is not shutting off properly on refill. I have to fiddle with it a bit to keep the water from going over the fill tube and running continuosly. The valve looks to be completely self-contained, so there does not appear to be much I can do about it. Any suggestions? We are about to leave for a trip and would like to take care of this for the housesitter.

Jim

p.s. Terry, is this thing still under warranty?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Jim,

The fill valve may need cleaning.

Cleaning or replacing the assembly should do it.

Lowe's Hardware sells the Korky assembly cap for less than $2.00

Instructions here
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  3. Jim Wilt

Jim Wilt New Member

Thanks, Terry. I'll give the cleaning a try. If that doesn't work, can I order that part from you? The places around here tell me they don't sell to the general public.

Thanks.

Jim
  4. Jim Wilt

Jim Wilt New Member

Hi Terry,

I followed the instructions you provided and the Toto seems to be working OK. Many thanks.

I still hear a slight "hissing" noise, though - sounds like a tiny trickle of water is still coming in after the water intake shuts off. Sounds like a new valve is in my future...

J