Toto Drake problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Wilt

Reaction score
I have had a couple of Drakes for about a year now - great toilets! However, one of them is not shutting off properly on refill. I have to fiddle with it a bit to keep the water from going over the fill tube and running continuosly. The valve looks to be completely self-contained, so there does not appear to be much I can do about it. Any suggestions? We are about to leave for a trip and would like to take care of this for the housesitter.

Jim

p.s. Terry, is this thing still under warranty?

Jim Wilt

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. I'll give the cleaning a try. If that doesn't work, can I order that part from you? The places around here tell me they don't sell to the general public.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Wilt

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

I followed the instructions you provided and the Toto seems to be working OK. Many thanks.

I still hear a slight "hissing" noise, though - sounds like a tiny trickle of water is still coming in after the water intake shuts off. Sounds like a new valve is in my future...

J

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks