Toto Drake or Drake 2/Gwyneth

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by potsie, Nov 18, 2009.

1. potsie

potsie New Member

Does anyone have a recommendation of one over the other?

I was pretty much all set on a Toto Drake to replace my toilet but when I went and looked at them, the saleswoman suggested the Gwyneth/Drake 2. She liked the cyclone action and was selling the sanagloss finish. I could go either way on the sanagloss, but the cyclone flush is appealing. The 1.6g flush of the Drake is also appealing. My focus is solid waste removal on one flush, my current toilet has a lot of trouble with it. Does the Drake leave ‘streaks’ after flushes?

Thanks in advance.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

In either case, the Sanagloss will help. It is both smoother and more hygenic. I do not personally have an issue with streaking. It's probably a diet thing. The Drake has a fairly large water spot, so if you sit where you should, you'll hit that. The cyclone rinse is their newest version, and is probably better than the original. I've not used one, but if you use the search function, you'll see others have commented and like it.

[​IMG]
    Drake II
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  3. hankski

hankski New Member

I own both... installed about three months ago. The Eco Drake is ADA height and no Sanigloss. The Drake II has Sanigloss. To me it is harder to keep clean due to the small waterspot.