Toto Drake Install

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by wolfdog170, May 5, 2008.

1. wolfdog170

wolfdog170 New Member

Hi All:
    First time here. I bought a Drake and had a plumber I know install it. The toilet works great! I love it already. According to the paperwork that came with the toilet: When installing the tank you have to tighten it down until it touches the base at three points. Well, my plumber didn't get the back point to actually touch. There is some movement back and fourth to the tank. I questioned the plumber about this and he said it was fine that way. He liked to install them a little lose in case someone or something bumped into it. Does that make any sense? Should I go ahead and a tighten the bolts to pull it down until the back touches? Or does it matter.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

After sitting on there for awhile, it is easier to finish tightening it up. You don't want any tension on it - porcelain is NOT elastic, but you can carefully tighten each side a little bit at a time to get it to touch. I'm not a pro, and find it easier to slide a piece of paper in there and tighten until it just becomes hard to remove without tearing. Then, you know you are very close to contact, but not going to crack anything. Or, you can leave it as it is...
  3. bg

bg Member

Mine feels like it's too loose too, but has never leaked a drop
    so I let it be. Works great.