Toto Drake II vs Drake 1 vs American Standard Champion Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Yeah, sarcasm aside, you can get the Drake II CST454CEFG in 1.28 or the "1G' -- 1.0 gallons per flush -- which is CST454cUfg.

You can get the Original Drake, which is CST744SG with 1.6 elongated bowl with CEFIONTECT (called CeFIoNTect these days...stupid) or CST744EG with 1.28 elongated bowl with CEFIONTECT.
I truly wasn't trying to be sarcastic -- this time. :D I thought maybe there was something I missed.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I installed another Ultramax II 1.28 gallon toilet (one-piece version of the Drake II) in Seattle today. I have one in my home too, along with a Vespin II (the skirted version of the Drake II)
I've had the non CEFIONTECT toilets in the home too, but the ones with the better finish are easier to keep clean.
I had a customer in Issaquah that is an airline pilot. He is sometimes gone for days. He started with one CEFIONTECT bowl and then changed everything to CEFIONTECT. CeFIoNTect now. I can't even remember how this is spelled. At least I can copy/paste it.

Sometimes you will see posts that compare toilets from the 60's to modern low flow toilets. Yes, the six gallon toilets that swirled and swirled took less cleaning. And if you want to keep the old stuff, nobody is complaining. We like to compare stuff made and sold in the same decade here. We don't really write about the stuff our parents bought and used. When I buy a ski magazine and read about skis, I'm not really looking to find out what ski from the 60's I can get. I'm looking for opinions on stuff that is still sold new. Same with plumbing. If it aint new, we're not writting about it. More likely we're either repairing it, or tossing it. Okay, so maybe we're talking about repairing them. But not buying em.

blackcomb_2016_10.jpg

Horseshoe Bay on the way back from Whistler on May 1st.
Deceit! Terry Love, it's common knowledge in the industry that you have your secret room filled to bursting with working and connected vintage Kohlers, Rheems, American Standards, Briggs, Cases, etc. :D

TeXan

Reaction score
Recommend the original drake elongated with CEFIONTECT. Eco drake has just a good flush in my opinion.

The Drake II does not wash down as well as original drake. (leaves "skid marks")

I have tried both. Don't like the drake II

BTW I like Kohler soft close toilet seat a lot better than the Toto seat.

TeXan

Reaction score
I vote against DrakeII. It does not wash down well . I have removed it and replaced with drake standard elongated CEFIONTECT. BTW I don't like toto seats recommend kohler elongated at depot and u will be pleased!

Wallijonn

Reaction score
... figure if i want to be conservative on water, there are ways I can do that with a 1.6 on my own (ye ol' brick in toilet or alternative flappers, etc).

Don't bother with the brick. just change the flapper and the fill valve. I own a 1.28gpf regular size and the 1.6 ADA size - both flush the same. IMO, the 1.28gpf is the way to go.

TeXan said:
The Drake II does not wash down as well as original drake. (leaves "skid marks")

I get skid marks on my Drakes, too. Doesn't bother me because on subsequent urine flush the skid marks disappear. It helps to be single, though. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks