Toto Drake II Vs Caroma

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Patricia Shanks, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Patricia Shanks

Patricia Shanks New Member

Hi I am trying to figure out which of these 2 toilets to have my apartment manager get me. I need a toilet that has a higher seat (I am disabled and have a hard time getting up and down) but I also need a toilet that will not clog. My 15 year old son has a medical condition that causes him to have extremely large BM's. They are often in excess of 8 inches and 2 inches in diameter so I spend ALOT of time plunging the toilet even with using an auger. It has been suggested to me that we may need a larger trapway and I have also been told a pressure assist may work. I have read that the Caroma often splashes and may not always clean the bowl but I would gladly trade 45 min of plunging for a 5 second sweep with the brush if it meant no clogging. Any suggestions between these 2 or another model of toilet that may work??

Also I see that you have the Caroma's for sale but they are all the regular height can you get the comfort height ones?
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. Chad Schloss

Chad Schloss Member

the caroma will most likely be your best bet. we have 3 in our house. they are the 305 style bowl (exposed trapway, not smooth sides like the 270) with a royale tank. you want one called easy height i think. they are taller than the standard ones i think. the standard ones are 15", the easy height are 17 from what i see on the website. www.caromausa.com they all have 3" trapways with a spillover design. yes, sometimes they streak but are easily cleaned. i don't care much for the seats they want you to buy with them, and if you use a seat from home depot, they sometimes don't cover the rear of the opening all the way. i found one that fits better from HD that is removeable and seems to work better. they do splash some, especially if the water height is off a little more than it should be.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The Caroma will flush elephant turd! They do tend to splash, but they appear to be virtually uncloggable. I know, that's not a real word, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I concur. For that medical condition the Caroma is a good choice.
    Maybe 1% of the population has that worry, but it's differently a real worry.
    Caroma.

For the other 99% I prefer the Drake II.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011