Toto drake ii or ultramax ii?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jkhott, Jul 20, 2013.

1. jkhott

jkhott New Member

Which is your preference? Is their performance equal?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The Drake has a taller tank. This puts the water higher, so it has to fall further. That effect is true for most toilets, regardless of brand. This gives it a slightly better flush, but for practical purposes, 'normal' people typically don't stress either one.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Edge to the taller of the two, Drake II
    I have been using both without problems. Those two are my biggest sellers now.
  4. jkhott

jkhott New Member

I thought the drake ii would be the better flushing toilet since it had the higher height. Hopefully the ultramax ii won't disappoint as I ended up choosing that today instead of the drake ii. The deciding factor was it being a one piece and easier to clean after my little men use the toilet. If we have sweating issues we will look into mixing water in the line. Thanks for everyone's help.
  5. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

The Ultramax II isn't going to disappoint you. We have a Carlyle II (same thing with a skirt) and love it. Flushes great. Amazing it can do that on so little water. Looks great, too.
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

With all of the complaints about low flow toilets not flushing well, it's easy to understand your concern. However, any Toto toilet from the least expensive to the most expensive will flush well. So go with the one that looks the best to you, and quit worrying about it. LOL