Toto Drake ii fit concerns

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Nathen, May 13, 2010.

1. Nathen

Nathen New Member

Hi terry,thanks for your time keeping up such a great website!
    I`m going to be replacing the toilet at my folks`house ASAP,due to the awful performance of their current big box generic unit.We are all pretty much sold on the Drake ii (cst454cefg) but,are concerned about the extra 2 3/4" footprint of the elongated bowl (current bowl is 26" from the back wall) as the bathroom is quite small.My question is whether or not this toilet comes in a round bowl with all the same features/specs.I`ve been looking on the web for this info to no avail.If Toto does make such a unit that you know of, we`d sure appreciate the part number.
    Thanks,
    Nathen
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The sitting position is the same for the round and the elongated.
    The knees will be in the same place when sitting.
    The elongated does extend out 1.5" farther into the room.
  4. Nathen

Nathen New Member

Thanks for the quick replies guys.I saw the Toto customer service web address on here after I posted my question and am waiting to hear back from them.In the mean time I was hoping perhaps someone on this site could specify for sure whether or not the cst454cefg comes in a round bowl configuration or not.My mother said she could live with losing the extra space but,would prefer not to if Toto makes a round bowl drake ii with the same options.My folks are definately sold on the drake ii because of all the features it sports.Any further info on this would be much appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Nathen
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The CST454CEFG does not come in round
    The only Sanagloss bowl in the Round is the Promenade C423EFG with Sanagloss.
    Everything else is elongated.
  6. Nathen

Nathen New Member

Thanks again,Terry and Peanut,you guys sure know your business.Toto customer service didn`t get back to me as fast as the both of you...they said the same thing of course.Looks like we`re gonna go with the cst454cefg afterall.
    It`s really encouraging to find masters of their craft willing to coach and inform those of us who are willing to tackle projects ourselves.I read the thread yesterday regarding the woman who,with this communities help,eventually pulled her toilet herself and found that toothbrush in the trapway..nice work to all.Please keep up the great work!
    sincerely,
    Nathen