Toto Drake II 2 piece toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

GJaax

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been battling a leak with my new toilet. Everything seems in good working order, however, I still have a small leak that I've traced to the tank to bowl connection. More specifically, after shining my flashlight in that area, I see leakage coming from the gasket. Aha! So, after reading everything on here, disassembling the throne about 5 times, and pulling out my hair, I have a stupid question to ask. The gasket that came with the order is round not octagon shaped like the flush valve nut. Is this correct or did they give me the wrong gasket??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, very helpful and awesome website!

Thanks,

Alan

Toto Drake II 2 piece toilet
CST454CEFG-01
Cotton White

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Next time you have it off, tighten that big nut holding the flush valve assembly, then put the tank back on. The gasket is correct.

GJaax

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your responses. I just got back in town today and pulled the tank off again to fix my leak. I tightened the nut on the flush valve assembly and checked the tank bolts again. Decided to leak check the tank so filled it with water and let it sit for a few hours. There was no leakage from the bolts (yeah) but there was a very small one from the gasket/gasket area. Should I be concerned about this even though the gasket is not compressed by the tank to bowl connection or is this normal? I'm going to put the tank on tomorrow and hope that all is well.

Gary-thanks for pointing me to the Toto Drake installation thread, I did everything that was recommended to do!

Alan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks