Toto Drake II 1 gallon toilet vs Caroma Somerton Smart

Users who are viewing this thread

Pelica

Reaction score
Hello:

New to the forum. Researching for a bathroom remodel in Seattle and would like to find a toilet eligible for our water sense rebate. I've narrowed it down to these two toilets. Wondering if anyone has experience about reliability, handling of solid waste. We have one bathroom for family of 4 including two kids who can go a bit heavy with the toilet paper. Our current kohler has been horrible and I'm looking to replace it with something that doesn't need weekly plunging!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The regular Drake II, CST454cEfg (rather than cUfg for the 1G), probably also qualifies for the rebates, but Terry would know best.

Terry sells and installs the Caroma and the Totos, so let's see what he has to day. I love our Totos, so I would probably recommend the Drake II.

Either Toto would be an amazing, eye-opening improvement over your clog-o-matic present toilet. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. I would also look at buying from Terry, and also look at having him GC your bath remodel, as he is America's Most Trusted Plumber (at least in my view), and you are lucky to have him right there nearby. Regardless, I know that he will share his wisdom on this with us.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Second the motion on buying from Terry. His prices are the best and you can pick it up directly from him. Call him.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either the Caroma or the 1G Drake II will do fine for your purpose.
The Drake II tends to have a cleaner bowl rinse.
Here is a Caroma that gets the rebate too.
http://terrylove.biz/home/119-caroma-sydney-smart-305-elongated.html

The Caroma here has a 3" trapway. Not that you need anything that large anyway.

sydney-smart-305.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks